Home Forums Roster Account Rules/FAQs Contact Us Links Challenge Us
Guest@ 35.173.234.140

Donation

Donate Towards BK`s Servers

Please Donate to Help Keep BKs game server up and running

Donate to Helping Hand

Help Support Us

Server

Bad Karma Forum IndexForum Index   MembersMembers   StaffStaff   StatisticsStatistics   Board RulesBoard Rules

Search for at
Bad Karma Advanced Search

Recent Topics     Next 7 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Hello BK General SixFour 10 Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:17 am
WolfFang View latest post
Games we own Version 16 17 November 2019 General Snap71 0 Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:59 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Games We Own Version 14 4 November 2019 General Snap71 2 Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:34 pm
SixFour View latest post
TS Connection Issue General SixFour 2 Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 pm
SixFour View latest post
COMUNITY GAMES BFV Battlefield 5 phill22 5 Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:23 pm
agmaas View latest post
Happy birthday to me General PRIMAL 20 Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:59 pm
baerchen View latest post
Game Owners Version 15 on 11 November 2019 General Snap71 1 Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:36 am
Blckstabbath View latest post

System suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Bad Karma Forum Index -> General Technology
View previous topic :: View next topic  

KevMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:07 am Post subject: System suggestions Quote Post

Anyone here prefer AMD over Intel?

I have been using AMD for awhile now.. Current specs attached.

Looking to get a new mobo along with the AMD Ryzen 5 3600

My graphics card is Radeon FX570.

Those of you in the know.. would this be a good system?

WolfFang

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:45 am Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

I will make a suggestion. When trying to decide what I want for my next build; whether I am doing AMD or Intel I get a feel for what I want then I will compare each part on a particular site to see where they stand based on impartial testing.

The site is passmark.com. Click on the benchmark tab; that goes to the part I am referring to. It has individual tabs for CPU, GPU, etc. You can then see based on high-end, mid-end and low-end parts. They usually show a general price for what that particular part costs at the moment too. So it can help you plan what you want based on your budget.

It has at times changed my mind too especially when what I thought was a superior part was actually not much of a step up in output compared to what it was going to cost me. It compares both brands as well as multiple versions.

Hope this helps a little. It's just part of what I look at when I build a new system.

"Do or do not there is no try!"

GTPer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:48 pm Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

What WolfFang said.
I use PassMark everytime I'm thinking about an upgrade.

Marius1195

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

Passmark is great, recommend using it as others have said. As a side note I just upgraded and  went from Intel to AMD (Ryzen 7 2700X) and am very happy about it.

Light is faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright until they speak.

Snap71

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:28 am Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

This simply fantastic info I am saving to my “computer file”

mr-t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

one thing to remember with the ryzen cpu's is that there performance is linked to the ram as well, you need the right ram for it. but i got a ryzen 2700x about a year ago and i was running a amd 8350 perviously, (i noticed a big performance increase in games and i'm happy but i did have an issue with some ram and also i tried overclocking cpu anr ram but niether work had to return to stock setting.

the other thing to also consider is the chip set on the mobo i went with the x470 which as i cannot overclock was a waste would have been better going with a b370 or x370

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk

KevMan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:19 pm Post subject: Re: System suggestions Quote Post

What ram would you recommend for the Ryzen 5 3600?  Maybe a Mobo recommendation too?

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Bad Karma Forum Index ->  General Technology All times are UTC
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: