Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Team Speak Issues

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 pm
Hello...I'm having issues with TS while in game. I can speak and be heard when the game is tabbed out or not running at all. But when I am in game, nobody can hear  me. If I use the voice activate it seems to work in game but PTT is not working in game at all. Any ideas or suggestions.  Thanks... Riv out...

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 pm
Am curious what gear you've got and what OS you are using. I have a friend in LOTRO who built a new machine and is fairly adept technically, but he couldn't use ventrilo and in game chat at the same time on his newly built box. Let me know and I'll check with him and see what he's got and what he did cos he seems to have fixed his issue.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 am
It must be push to talk while using our Teamspeak so let's get it fixed doing it with a bound key. You might check mark the 2 "run as administrator" boxes in the Teamspeak properties. You might update your sound driver. Double check the configure and properties for the recording settings in your control panel.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:47 pm
Your hardware is irrelevant, it's all about software. Most likely, your COD game simply uses same button for another in-game function. Both the game and TS use DirectX functions in background to interface with your sound driver, and two applications cannot subscribe to same keyboard button at once through DirectX. So if you use ALT button for push-to-talk and also to crouch, for example, when you press ALT, you'll crouch in-game but TS will never know you pressed ALT... makes sense? So check if that button isn't used by game already and either change it in game to use a diff. button or use a diff. button in TS.

What Wesley said is good advice. Your recording settings should be just fine, though, since you can talk outside of game via the same TS.

One other thing you want to check is Direct Input settings in TS. Open TS, go to Settings menu, then Options. On the "Sound" tab, make sure "Direct Sound" is selected. Then click on "Other" tab and make sure that "Disable Direct Input" is NOT checked (as it says there, if you check that, it disables press to talk). Click OK.

Now go to Settings menu again, then Key Settings. If the list isn't empty, make sure your key you're using for push-to-talk isn't in that list - this would again override push to talk.

Finally, just try using a different key for push-to-talk.

Good luck! Let us know which suggestion helped, if any, so we know in case someone else has same problem in the future!

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:29 pm
with teamspeak in options specify the input device instead of leaving it as primary sound device

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:49 am
The CAPSLOCK key is my PTT button so no issue with the doubled up keys on that one. Wesley..I did the 'run as administer' and that seemed to have worked. Problem now is that I can barely be heard in game. I also made sure I selected the device instead  of using default. Yhanks for your suggestions. Now if I cab figure out how to turn up the mic......

Riv out...

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 KJV