Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Moderators and Members - please contact me

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:24 am
Sad
I work diligently to obey rules in other servers that I am a guest of and wanted to ensure that Bravo-BK's (I believe) kick of me this evening for 15 minutes was not something that would reflect upon my activities in the server. I am sorry for the confusion and sincerely hope you don't feel this a whine, just an effort to ensure that members understand my position in support of your server rules.

I went to throw a nade while sighted and standing and it caused me to walk forward, I was called on this error and promptly appologized. I was then standing and sighted so that I could see over a wall in front of me and accidently TK'd someone and was promptly kicked for 15 minutes.

I climb over obstacles and immediately go kneeling or sighted, I lean a lot when I play, I go prone to kneeling to standing sighted quickly to get shots.... but I don't run or intentionally walk unsighted. I come from a Sniper Squad and have always enjoyed the slower play.

My lesson was learned, and that is that you all believe the same as I do in a highly moderated server, but would ask for a response from some of the members that I have had the pleasure to play with over the last 5 nights, since finding your servers, to the effect that they have witnessed that I am a player that would not abuse, neglect, or disregard your rules, but was caught in an accident

Please PM here on the site or via Yahoo messenger and THANK YOU again for running such a clean server.

Red Leg †LRS†
"Dusty"
www.LRS-HQ.com

Last edited by Red_Leg-LRS- on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:47 am
Red_Leg, keep in mind the kick was for 15 min.  Once the time is over you're welcome back.  Just keep in mind that if there are continuing issues, the admins will take stronger actions.  This doesn't necessarily mean that from one kick you are put under a microscope or you are marked a rule breaker or whatever.  Take it as a stronger warning to follow the rules as they are posted.  Thanks for playing on the servers and I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 am
Thank you for the response Frey.. I appreciate that and visited the TeamSpeak for a bit after that time has lapsed. However, I noticed that others were receiving 4 minute kicks and such and wanted to be able to chat with those that were witness to my activity.

My reason for wanting to discuss is not to argue the kick, that happens, even heard one of the admin state that he may have kicked someone in the process of trying to kick another, instead it is to understand the reason that I was given 15 minutes.

I listened while in TS and understand that it is a 2 warn then kick system and completely agree, however, the grenade accident was the only event. Then while standing and sighted was warned again and promptly kicked.

I want to understand that, not the kick, I acknowledged the admin, stated I was sorry for that event with the nade and expected to move on, but was then kicked.

Again, not wanting to argue, i.e. the prompt for Yahoo or PM on the site, but wanting to understand how to avoid this again.

Thank you for your response and would invite a Moderator of this forum to move or delete this, so as to not cause banter back and forth on your forums.
I only posted to prompt someone to PM or Yahoo Message me to discuss.

Regards,
RL

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:21 am
Hi,
Thanks for posting and your welcome to chat with us on ts anytime.
We like to hear from non BK members and from time to time we do get people like yourself who try to follow the rules but get caught out occasionally and voice their concerns hoping that they dont get a strike against their name.

The easy answer is that if your not a repeat offender then you have nothing to worry about and the fact that you came on ts and spoke to our guys shows you are genuinly sorry for what you did and you will try not to do it again.

I hope you carry on enjoying our servers and feel free to join us on ts anytime and thanks for being a polite, friendly and an honest person....

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:32 pm
Red_Leg,

Please note that I support the actions taken by our admins as the endeavor to do thier jobs.  All our admins do their very best to moderate our servers....  I am sure this is the case here, an Admin just trying execute their responsibilities.  Our admins from observations of others and thier own observations mete out an action they deem appropriate in accordance with BK standards.  I see you were kicked for only 15 minutes, which is significantly less than the 90 minutes if it is determined that a person is intentionally team killing.  Your post goes along way with the admins in showing your concern for following the rules and upholding the BK standards even as a non-member.   It is appreciated.   Thanks for playing BK and I hope to see in game, preferably in my sights.  I need the XP to rank up since I presitged.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:50 pm
Thank you again for the responses... and Yes Fish... you will definently gain the XP on me... just chat with SOOTHE-BK about it.. hahaha

See you all on the battlefield

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm
Hey bro, in regards to nade being only accident... it's possible you got 2 or more warnings, but just didn't notice - perhaps you turned away from screen or were trying to snipe someone and warning came and was immediately pushed up by standard server announcement so it disappeared within seconds. I wasn't there, just saying. This is actually something I hate about giving public warnings - people concentrate on the game and sometimes simply miss the text if they are under fire or w/e and so kicking someone b/c they "ignored" warnings is not always true - they may not be ignoring, simply not seeing and don't know better.

But then, it's just a kick - you can always come back or come to TS and ask questions, like you did Smile

Look forward to killing you soon!

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:14 pm
Thank you Alex... I truly believe that is what occured... and we are all square now...

Had a great time in last night talking with you all.. and will be back endlessly.

You all are standup folks and I appreciate that in a person and organization.

There currently no games that my group has embraced for sniping like we have for 10 years with Novalogic and modded COD4 servers, so they started playing a couple MMO's and other random FPS.

The slower tactical play of your servers align with our groups sniping styling...

See you all in game and on TS

SIDE NOTE::: I see some pretty skilled Sig Designers in here. Please don't hesitate to contact me if anyone would like some assistance with one as well.
Been a graphic designer for 10+ years and thankfully work in Sales and Marketing now, so the only designing I do are for fun or side jobs.
Here are quite a few of my sigs I have made in the last 3 years. - (made nearly 60 in a 3-month time in 2006 - i.e. graphics nerd)
http://dustythomasonline.com/gaming/ - specialty in animated graphics

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:05 am
Red_Legs,

Your signs are great and very creative.  Your kind offer is appreciated when it comes to contributing your time and talent, however BK does have a very creative and talented Graphics Team consisting of 8 members.  As the BK Graphics Team Leader I reallly want our  members to turn to the BK Graphics Team when requesting a sig.   However, it doesn't mean that we won't pick your brain from time to time.  On the other hand if you would care to join BK and become part of the the Graphics Team I think that could be arranged.  Here are some of th sigs I have made hosted on Photo Bucket....  Photo Bucket  I hope the link works.....

Thanks again,
Fish USN
Commander Fire Team Echo
Graphics Team Leader

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:17 am
ok Fish... I bow to the king on this one.. that is a VERY impressive collection of sigs and graphics in general.

I would like to let this forum post to die a good death now, as to not continually cause folks to recall the originall message on this.

can a Forum Mod go ahead and lock this to allow it to come down from the "most recent topics"? I will still be here and be buggin you all for a time to come. Smile

As for joining, I am flatterred, but I will have to decline at this time and give my group to opportunity to find their way. it would be nice to be able to step back and be out of the 'management' roll for the first time as well, but we have some folks pretty excited about COD:MW2 and the new Novalogic: Angel Falls, to see if we can get back to our sniping roots.

But again, that is too flattering. Instead, it just means I am around to annoy ya, shoot ya, and have good time.

See ya around.....

SIDE NOTE::: I will be out on business travels starting Monday, heading to LA, CA Mon-Thur.... if anyone out in LA.. drop me a message on here. The following week I will be in Atlanta... the same there.. drop me a line. Work computer can't handle gaming, and gets old going from meetings, dinner, then to the hotel all week long; so always up to head out and meet folks around the US/Can.

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:13 am
I'm not sure what happened Red. Its possible that I called out what I saw. As a *BK* member we try to enforce all standards to ensure the integrity and consistency of our servers in an effort to provide the best possible gaming experience possible for all users. I do my best to observe the actions of players who I see may be breaking or pushing the rules before I pass my observations and actions on to the admins. If I caught the wrong user I sincerely apologize. I'm glad to hear you continue to play within the servers and I look forward to playing with you sometime. I have seen you over the past few days and see that you are a quality asset to the servers. Earlier last evening I do believe I caught you on the servers passing along warnings to other players and was pleasantly surprised. It goes to show that others outside of our clan enjoy the quality of our servers and agree with the standards that *BK* believes in. I heard you on TS this evening speaking to the effect that your other clan members are less interested in playing on the CoD5 servers. That's a shamble. Anyways, good to see you on the servers and hope you and I can get in some quality games!

-Recruit.Bravo25-BK-