Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:30 pm
GTPer View latest post
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:23 am
Snap71 View latest post
Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:25 pm
mr-t View latest post

Thought on game

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:14 pm
Ok I've played the beta for a couple of hours and these are my thoughts and observations

first thing to point out is that only core game play is available at the moment so all this is based on that and i played domination and tdm.

personally I think this game is another step back compared to previous COD games.
score streak are replaced with kill streaks meaning those that support other players are going to be penalized for not been a good shot or have fast re-actions.
i managed to get a guided bomb a couple of times and could never actually guide it (not sure why)

accuracy doesn't seem to mean much, the bullets don't seem to be going where the gun is pointing, and sometimes there is loads of recoil and other times none (use the same weapon). i also noticed after you start hitting a enemy player the gun almost seem to lock on and accuracy improved at close-ish range.

weapon damage seems random some times 2 bullets is enough other times it takes 20. also i got the jump on a few players and put 3-4 rounds in them before they turn around and killed me using whats seemed like the same type of weapon.

movement seem clunky and team mates can block doorways, hallways etc stopping you from passing. i noticed sometimes i could just run over a little wall and then next time it would stop me and i would have to jump.
movement speed seem off now this could be based on loadout and total weight but sometimes my movement was fast and smooth and other times seemed slugish and delayed.

maps seem ok most had verticality and multiple levels and opportunities to shoot between and even climb between them also destructible walls are a thing and parts can be destroyed creating peep holes etc. explosive barrels are not obvious (aka red) and seem to have a massive blast radius (i was killed twice by something exploding a what i believe was good distance away)

Sound seemed strange not sure on this yet. very rarely heard footsteps and could not identify where the person was based on them. or if they were enemy or friendly.

I will continue to try the game but so far i'm very disappointed in the game. i had high hope after alot of people said it was like COD:MW.

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:17 pm
i like it so far

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:50 pm
 I agree with Mr T, I know it's only beta. But at this point I don't think it is my cup of tea. I don't think the graphics are as good as COD Cold War or even Zombies. Maybe later I will come back and revisit the game. Beside at the moment I can afford only the one game. Sorry to the guys I played with this afternoon listening to my moaning and groaning. Happy Hunting everyone

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:53 am
i agree Max. i DO prefer CW and battlefield  i think im gonna stay away from vanguard as it wants to give me issues

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:30 pm
I think it's been great so far. Yes it's core so you have to shoot people 20 times. But it's much better than core in the other games, in my opinion. Hardcore will be fun. I love the destructible environments, where you can open almost every door and break out almost every window.

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:42 pm
Great summary mr-t! I will wait to buy until it comes out - if they are really smart they will have as with some other games a free weekend with the production game so we can see if some/all of these things that t mentions and I/ we have seen too are fixed. I do like the Patrol mode quite a bit. So if the production is solid and we get to try it then that will help solidify my decision.

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 pm
here some screenshots of similar things from vanguard and cold war

Snow covered rocks and barbed wire
Cold War

Vanguard

Sandbags
Cold war

Vanguard

Foliage and small rocks/pebbles on the floor
Cold war

Vanguard

Rocks
Cold War

Vanguard

Flames
Cold War

Vanguard

there probable better examples or but these are the first ones i came across

It is Going To Hurt
Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:38 pm
After more playing some changes i have noticed, graphics have improved since initial play, this could be a result of recompiling shades but all screenshots were done after this.

Some things I like and dislike about the beta
Micros destruction on some elements.

Map layouts, the maps I have played incorporate verticality a lot better than previous cods

Movement, ok movement seems to be better than first impressions

Dislikes:-
Micro destruction not been dynamic.

Sound, footsteps of enemies barely audible, guns fire sound very quiet and muffled, ambient noise just awful.

Colour, not sure what everyone else thinks but I feel like the colours are washed out or less vibrant compared to trailers.

Movement, mantling or climbing thinks  seems hit or miss. For example you can climb on a vehicle from one side but not the other 🤷‍♂️

I’ll post more if I find any

It is Going To Hurt
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 pm
Great mr-t! I found that lowering the brightness helped a lot with color not being washed out. All together a solid game I think though as you point out things to fix, but that is always true with Beta eh! I bought it snd am looking forward to Hardcore for sure.