Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post
Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:57 pm
agmaas View latest post

MASSIVE issue for EA Games

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:42 pm
Frostbite Source Code Stolen = 2042 Cheating Nightmare?
News
Oh dear. In case you haven't heard, EA's network got hacked, and the hackers got the Frostbite Source code:

Hackers Steal Wealth of Data from Game Giant EA (vice.com)

According to the hackers, and confirmed by EA, they got development tools for the Frostbite engine as well. The hackers have claimed this will allow for massive cheating:

"You have full capability of exploiting on all EA services," the hackers claimed in various posts on underground hacking forums viewed by Motherboard.

If you're a long-time Battlefield player, you'll know that cheating has been one of the biggest issues of the PC version for many years now. I was really hoping that 2042 would not have the same problems, but with the Frostbite source code now in the hands of hackers, I am extremely concerned that DICE has no chance in hell of stopping it. This could be an absolute game-breaker of a problem, and I think EA and DICE need to double down on cheat protection, as well as sharing with us what they're going to do now the game's development tools are in the hands of cheat-creators.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting, or has EA suddenly found its biggest game release in years on the precipice of a massive problem?

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:21 pm
This is old news. No different than developer employees who sell the source code to the cheat sites. Cheating is a massive issue for all game developers not just EA

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:50 am
I'm sure there would have been hackers no matter what but it is interesting if this is a much larger scale. I hope they can contain it and the game is good.

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:45 pm
Yep this is a drag../

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:02 am
The only cure for cheaters IMO is a server that you can kick and or ban bad actors yourself. If anyone thinks hackers can be stopped they are sadly mistaken unfortunately. As a friend at the NSA told me ‘it’s only code’

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:28 pm
No worries, game on!

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:17 am

Karow wrote (View Post):

This is old news. No different than developer employees who sell the source code to the cheat sites. Cheating is a massive issue for all game developers not just EA

Actually it is also latest news as it has happened again.

Just to NOTE: This isn't a BF hate thread. I give facts where facts are due.

WHY: Because I am sick and tired of all the hate for either game.  And, we need to be informed.

Btw, where have you been Karow? Just curious.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:42 am
I have been busy, family health issues and just life its self. All good now.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:16 pm
Here's the thing, the new BF is our new get behind game and play all together like it used to be. It really comes down to what game is a better fit for us. Plus BF has way more to offer as in admining our own server with our rule set just for instance.
From what I hear the new Cod game is great so I'm not bashing it but just thought I should clear some confusion up.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:13 pm

Johnny wrote (View Post):

Here's the thing, the new BF is our new get behind game and play all together like it used to be. It really comes down to what game is a better fit for us. Plus BF has way more to offer as in admining our own server with our rule set just for instance.
From what I hear the new Cod game is great so I'm not bashing it but just thought I should clear some confusion up.

That simply isn't 100% true Johnny.  BK will never be a single game community any longer. Those days have come and gone, no longer to return.

BK is a Gaming community.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:54 pm

KevMan wrote (View Post):

Johnny wrote (View Post):

That simply isn't 100% true Johnny.  BK will never be a single game community any longer. Those days have come and gone, no longer to return.
Lol I know that but it's everybody's choice but wouldn't it be fun if more of us played together??  This is what I'm talking about and this game offers that.

BK is a Gaming community.