Patch 1.6 is out

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Patch was released today.

patch fixes:

- New maps Creek, Chinatown, Broadcast, and Killhouse

- Hardcore and oldschool server browser filters

- Fix for a Denial of Service attack.

- Includes all the changes up to patch 1.5

Patch size is 282MB and includes all previous patches.

Last edited by Viper on Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:55 pm
First impressions on maps.

Creek - Have yet to find a server where everyone ISN'T sniping. decent map, big, will be a hard one for HQ. Player max 16-24 more than that will kill it. To win you need good communication and good teamwork when dealing with 8 on 8 or 12 on 12+.

Killhouse - Interesting idea really. the map is so small you can spray a m60 through the walls and kill everyone... max players of 10 or it gets... ugly. besides that the close quarters is something else.  Will be great for training purposes.

Broadcast - will be good for HQ. decent sized map. probly for around 16-24 people max. can be a terrible spawn rape though depending on the players and the teams... This map is allot of ranged shooting and allot of close quarters. brings it all to the table. I have to use overkill allot due to long range shots and instantly needing a SMG for close so justa fyi

Chinatown - This map is where its at. great HQ atm. The map is large. good for 16 players. good close quarters. great for room clearing tactics. you have to be communicating constantly on this map. rooms are SMALL if a nade comes in you sacrifice yourself and do a pickup suicide or throw it out!

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:13 pm
Good review. I am intrigued. Will dl and install as soon as I get home.

EDIT: played them. Creek and Broadcast are perfect maps; beautiful and well made. Killhouse is as Viper described. Good for running around with a shotty. Chinatown was actually my least favorite. Maybe it was just the server I was in. Couldn't spawn without taking fire from a window or alley. Worse than Killhouse in that regard. It was more than just that though. Can't really put my finger on it. I suppose I need to give it another go.

SFC.McCauley*BK*

Last edited by McCauley on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 am
The sever has been updated.

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:26 am
Well , i played the new maps today. seriously i was expecting a whole lot more. dont get me wrong, i like them.
chinatown is the best. have you realized that is the same Carentan Map from COD2? so if you remember you'll find the same hiding spots and use the same techniques.
Killhouse its just begging for noob tubes and nade spam. good for training purposes and old school mod.wiithout rifles or machineguns.
Creek is a nice multilevel map. from the bottom of the creek to the top of the house you can get kill easily of you odnt get good cover. if you learn the map you can snipe everyone.
broadcast remind me of the tv station map in BF2. not so good for sniping tho. nice for close quarters combat.

what i  was expecting to see was more challenges, maybe more weapons, also i would like to have the option of using specifc weapons for the character you are using. like BF2, every army has their own weapons, idk. is mho

i hope to see u guys tomorrow night

Lion

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:29 pm
Great!  Been trying to join those of us in our server today and I'm already running into problems with patch 1.6.  It isn't just our server, I get the same error when trying to join any of the new maps.  Here's what happens:

The new map begins to load, and after the progress bar reaches a half an inch or so, the game freezes and I can make out some sort of Direct X error on my desktop flickering through the load screen of COD4.  After closing out the game, it also closes the error message.  Can't tell what it says.  

I have Googled the problem, but nothing seems to be fixing it.  Doesn't look like I'll be playing the new maps again...at least not at the moment.  The patch was downloaded and installed from Timmy's link.  Everything worked fine at first.  I think I'm going to try to reinstall the patch from another source.  Not to say there's something wrong with Timmy's.  I'm sure others have installed this one as well.

EDIT OF THE EDIT: I take it back.  The problem is completely sporadic.  I'm still boggled.  So far, I have reinstalled the patch, replaced only the new map files, even reinstalled Direct X.  Still getting the same problem.  Am I the only one?

SFC.McCauley*BK*

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 am
McCauley I had the same problem using Timmy's patch. That message says you are missing a file in the install package. I got my download through Xfire and it worked like a charm.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:57 am
Thanks for the reply Grayhawk.  I haven't had time to check thoroughly, but the problem might be solved.  If not, I'll look in to Xfire.

SFC.Aryan*BK*