Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Post Deleted or Moved

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:51 pm
My post is gone. Reading a few posts down, some  topics get moved for private discussion. Just wondering if this is the case.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:49 pm
This is a privately owned forum so the rights of free speech do not apply here. If the mods agree that they don't want discussion regarding "insert topic" here they can go about removing posts and stopping threads however they see fit, regardless of the legitimacy of the topic and your feelings about it.  And it is their right to do so.  This leaves as the only option to voice our opinions to air them "in-game" which violates server rules and you will be kicked or banned for doing so.

It's ironic that we are asked to post our questions or express our opinions and they are derided or deleted before any meaningful discussion can occur.

I would ask the moderators to allow this post to see the light of day to allow for consideration.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:55 pm
Post from players asking to be unbanned are moved after they have been unbanned. No post are ever deleted.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:02 pm
hi,
thanks for posting and at times we feel the need to move a post for the admins/officers or whoever it may concern to be able to view it in a place more suitable so that the forum doesnt get overrun with posts regarding issues or peoples problems that dont have anything to do with other players or basically 'spam' our forums with things that most people dont need to know about.....

I take the idea of 'freedom of speech' being under violation here as an unfair term as we appreciate all views but we are prone to many 'banned' players coming here and asking why they were banned and saying it was a mistake after they were seen by more than one admin breaking our rules in the harshest sense and then trying to plead innocent when they were caught in the act.
We need to sift these people out and when we have new members using the forum, they dont care who has been banned and why so we keep it in the admin and officers area.

You must understand that there are things you dont see as you dont have full access to the site and we try to sort out all problems with the best of our resources and only in vary rare circumstances do we remove a post completely (only 1 have I ever known of and it broke our racism rule rather badly) so please bear with us and if your really concerned, you can pm our GOA Luke and im sure he can help.

I hope this has shown you how things run and helps with your problems....

thanks again
LH

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:54 pm
Luke & Ladyhawke.
 Thank you for the polite and thoughtful responses.  I only replied to his post because I have seen this time and time again.  I agree with your answer, but this in itself causes a problem that I don't know the soloution to.  How are we supposed to know what the original post was about?  It may have been something that I might have wanted to express an opinion on or had something to contribute.  In all fairness, there may not be a good answer to the issue I have raised.

I would also like to thank you and all the *BK* members that make playing on your servers as fun as possible.   This my own opinion, but I  think *BK* admins allow too much leniency towards rules violaters.  Admins have to repeatedly warn players map after map several times and often times repeating this process day after day with the same people at the expense of rule abiding players.
I would like to see other regulars of your servers weigh in on this problem.

Again
thank you for the servers and hard work, I know from experience, that you put in.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:43 pm
swings and roundabouts im afraid m8.....
its a tough old world and we all try to get along here.....
if the post was something you needed to worry about then it would have been left where it was.
im going on again but people need to realise we are only human and try our best and in future if ban a player for repeaded offending then I will make sure that the admins are aware as im getting fed up of people getting let off of a ban trying to say that they did a naughty thing once or twice when most people know that they are repeat offenders and should never be left to offend again and upset everyone who is here to play happilly and with friends who play by the rules and all get along....
I love my clan and wont change a thing cos I understand life has its ups, downs and we all need to live and get along
remember, if in doubt, dont press 'f' and respawn.....you may get hurt Wink