Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post

Will you buy MW2 with out dedicated servers?

Will you buy MW2 now after the changes?
NO!!!
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
YES!!!
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 28

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:48 am
Not until if & when they have dedicated servers.
Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Refrigerator.
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:59 am
I cancelled my order with Amazon and will wait to  see what happens.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:11 am
I have canceled my order for two copies of MW2 pc and have no plans to buy later unless IW changes directions. COD WaW was my first multi-player game,  love the dedicated severs and the way clans can adim them.  That is what brought me to Bad Karma. I enjoy the polite and friendly atmosphere. I don’t think that atmosphere will exist in multiplayer. I will not buy MW2 ps3 version for my kids either.  Don’t know if anyone can change the direction of a major game developer but please encourage all  your friends not to buy MW2 no matter what platform they play on and who knows what happens.
Have a great day BK Clan

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:38 am
I'm just not sure. I posted the petition on my clans web site and e-mailed it to all my bros that game or used to game. Lets see if there is a big enough stink that they consider giving us what we are asking for. You never know.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:45 am
All PCers should boycott it....get the PC gaming community involved make MW2 a flop....let your buddies know not to buy it..........

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 am
Even with dedicated servers...it's still pipelined to replicate Xbox, and how much could you do with it to customize game play?

Could you even turn off all the baby stuff and make it hardcore?

Could you modify damage models to make it play different?

Would a dedicated server be limited to restarts only?

And If they have not geared it to be like COD 4-5 at this late stage...hmmm me thinks they won't. Less than 30 days away.

BOOOOO on IW for trying to skin the PC gaming community!!! Evil or Very Mad

All PC'rs should boycott it because Infinity Ward was caught in a scam to turn PC's into Xbox emulators.

Deleted......
Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:29 am
i had booked it  Evil or Very Mad (from austria) to late 4 me to get my  money back

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 pm

The_Mad_CappR wrote (View Post):

Even with dedicated servers...it's still pipelined to replicate Xbox, and how much could you do with it to customize game play?

Could you even turn off all the baby stuff and make it hardcore?

Could you modify damage models to make it play different?

Would a dedicated server be limited to restarts only?

And If they have not geared it to be like COD 4-5 at this late stage...hmmm me thinks they won't. Less than 30 days away.

BOOOOO on IW for trying to skin the PC gaming community!!! Evil or Very Mad

All PC'rs should boycott it because Infinity Ward was caught in a scam to turn PC's into Xbox emulators.

If they had dedicated servers, you could do anything you wanted to do to the server that we have done with CoD WaW, and other previous titles.

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:22 pm
i would move into operation flashpoint dragon rising before i did the MW2 im very disappointed that they wont have dedicateds, an thats a huge drawback for me...

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm
no I will not until they bring dedi's back AND make the game size larger than 9v9. I think the only enjoyment I would get with the game as it is  would be single player and that is only about 5hrs and @ $60 US that is $12 an hour and that is too much

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm
I already bought it..They estimate its the biggest game launch in history and your NOT hurting them with your boycott. To me we get enough people playing the game and the dedicated servers will follow. I mean if the boycott was REALLY hurting business then I would participate...However I saw the lines at the bestbuy and the gamestops....you aint hurting them.

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:41 pm
Aright I gave mine to my son. He said he was in a 9 vs 9. Was like 5 guys from a clan. They had reached level 40. They must have played since midnight. This was like 4pm cst.
I walked down  to check it out.  Blood splatter was very cool. Graphics very cool. He didn't have any problems playing online but said he's gonna buy the x-box which is what all the college kids are playing anyways. Apparently I still had a steam account from like 12 years ago I made to play day of defeat. My sons heard my lamenting last x-mas how I had enjoyed that although I was always slaughtered in it. That is why they bought me W@W last x-mas. Took me 2 months to buy a graphics card and start playing it. Day of defeat - BK. 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Seattle wrote (View Post):

I already bought it..They estimate its the biggest game launch in history and your NOT hurting them with your boycott. To me we get enough people playing the game and the dedicated servers will follow. I mean if the boycott was REALLY hurting business then I would participate...However I saw the lines at the bestbuy and the gamestops....you aint hurting them.

The point is not to hurt them with the boycott. The point is that I will not support a game that doesn't support PC gamers. I've already heard from multiple people that the multiplayer sucks on PC anyway, because it's always a 9v9 run and gun around a small map for 10 minuites and then you do it over again.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm
I bought it, and I can honestly say despite the lack of dedicated servers the game is pretty much flawless. I have had 0 lag issues in any of the games, I am now level 28. Yes I will miss the large matches but you can still create a private server for you and 17 of your friends to play. You can set the mode, timelimit, fraglimit etc.... I think IW did a decent job all the way around. And who knows they may change their minds on the ded servers.

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm
On the PC it looks frigging sweet.  Better than the others preceding it for sure.  The single player is a 10 out of 10.   The co-op is an 8 I would say.  It's fun to play and smooth as can be but I was only able to play it with one friend and the levels were pretty short.  We played a few levels over and over again and oddly enough the bots would change it up a bit every time.  As for the multi player I have to give it a 4 out of 10.  Surprisingly the match system was smooth and worked quite well.  There was allot of in game chat and everyone was cool.  No screaming 13 year olds to drive you crazy.  But,,, it's game play sucked.  Run and gun to the max.  It felt like I was playing Unreal Tournament.  The multi player of COD4 or 5 are tons better.  I even tried walking around in crouch to see if it was feasible but no go with the small maps they have for multi player.  Most of the weapons have all that crap around the sight so it is difficult to see the enemy in time with the sights up.  The last gripe I have is there is so much going on graphically that the enemy really tends to blend in with the environment.  I found the enemy more often than not by taking fire and killing him with return fire.  Playing COD4 & 5 all the time, these issues really stood out.  If money isn't an issue you should consider checking it out.  If it is or you think not buying the game will actually hurt IW in some way then hold your ground.  It is pretty much like an awesome action movie.  You sit down and take in all the coolness but you wouldn't want to watch it all day.  The previous games in the series I have yet to tire of...

Last edited by DFMhellboy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total