Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

A Global Standown?

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:58 pm
Just wondering if  BK considering this:

http://angryemployee.com/page.php?20

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 pm
I'm not sure we will do this at this time. It seams like it would do a lot of damage to a team like this that relies on dedicated servers to bring people together. With that said we are doing everything we can to stop IW.Net from spreading to other games.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:16 pm
Seems to me that this would be counter-active...IW.NET launches, dedis shut down? Confused

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:43 pm

PLCW wrote (View Post):

Seems to me that this would be counter-active...IW.NET launches, dedis shut down? Confused

I agree. I am not sure this will be a sign of much at all. For all they know, the servers will be empty because everyone is digging into the eye candy of the new MW2 single player.
I am as disappointed as the rest of my fellow PC gamers on the choices IW has made. This is big business and despite our complaints, I don't think IW will bend on this.  It's ironic but I saw a similar situation go down a couple months ago with Codemasters the maker of Dirt 2. They also had a strong forum and following of the dirt series that stemmed from Collin Mcrae's rally series. As the game progressed we saw it go from a rally driving game to an X-Games/ Dew Tour game. The forums burned in anger because they were disrespecting the name of the late Collin Mcrae with a completely new game direction. I watched the developers swear in the forums they would not change it up, but they did. Codemasters did what they felt best fit the market at hand, Red Bull drinking kids who better related to that type a game rather than old school dudes who wanted multi rally stages. The bottom line here is most large companies do what is best for them at the moment. More so these days than ever.
I honestly feel they won't get it until they see us swarm on the next shooter to come out that does support custom servers and modding. EA would be wise to take advantage of this particular situation in the upcoming Battlefield Bad Company 2.  They might cash in again like they did back in the BF2 days. Lets hope it's less buggy when they do.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:47 pm
Waste of time. What we all did and was the best thing to do was the petitions. No riots will help. It's not our fault the game creators are blunt.

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:38 pm
There will always be a hardcore of clans.

Fear not all is not lost. We have more than 1 COD that supports dedi servers. We should talk to other clans and stay in close contact as we have some seriously good MODers out there and new maps can be made and distributed amongst all clans to give us something new everynow and then.

LONG LIVE CLANS

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 pm

PLCW wrote (View Post):

For all they know, the servers will be empty because everyone is digging into the eye candy of the new MW2 single player.

So you buy the game?  Shocked

I dont know if it is a good idea to make a global shutdown. But i definetly dont buy the game at release....maybe if i see any progress with the multiplayer mode.

Greetings by the Rabbit!

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 pm

Rabbit wrote (View Post):

So you buy the game?  Shocked

They say single player takes 6 hrs to finnish.  I'm not sure it's worth the money.  Confused

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:57 pm
hmm... 60 dollars for 6-10 hours of enjoyment... NOT BUYING IT lol.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 pm
Duno about yall, but I don't buy a game for single player and never will.
I buy to be part of a community created by an online game, ya know fan sites, clans, organized events and things of this nature.
Shutting down servers wouldn't hurt IW or any faction there of. I don't think it will get noticed and would require "ALL" servers, but I would not mind shutting down for that day.
I think the best thing we can do as a consumer of PC games is NOT buy the game period.

Deleted......

Last edited by The_Mad_CappR on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:17 pm
By shutting down dedicated servers wouldn't do anything because it wouldn't affect iw since they don't own the server.  That web site makes no sense shut down all servers so everyone go's to the game kinda counter productive in my opinion