Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Have you looked at the blog yet today?

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 am
Take a look at the blog for and let us know what you think.

Http://blog.bkops2.com

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:11 am
What unfortunately scares me is that BC is not really suited for BK gameplay which is visible in the newest post on the blog.

Quote:

8 Huge Multiplayer Maps- Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus and set across a variety of environments.
Ultimate Online Vehicle Warfare- 15 land, sea and air vehicles, each with a tactical advantage during play. Race into action with the ATV or rain death from above in the UH-60 transport helicopter with its 2 side-mounted rail guns.
Destruction 2.0-Take down entire buildings, create firepoints in cover or blow it up entirely! In Battlefield Bad Company 2™ there will be no place to hide!

No place to hide, big maps (and I asure you, they are big), vehicles and airstrikes? How are you going to crouch 300 meters through the map? I'm just thinking, as much as I loved the first game and I want to play the second, where does BK come in and how does it make it polite and friendly, slowing down the game, the way the gaming supposed to be style?

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:35 am

Sinister wrote (View Post):

What unfortunately scares me is that BC is not really suited for BK gameplay which is visible in the newest post on the blog.

Quote:

8 Huge Multiplayer Maps- Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus and set across a variety of environments.
Ultimate Online Vehicle Warfare- 15 land, sea and air vehicles, each with a tactical advantage during play. Race into action with the ATV or rain death from above in the UH-60 transport helicopter with its 2 side-mounted rail guns.
Destruction 2.0-Take down entire buildings, create firepoints in cover or blow it up entirely! In Battlefield Bad Company 2™ there will be no place to hide!

No place to hide, big maps (and I asure you, they are big), vehicles and airstrikes? How are you going to crouch 300 meters through the map? I'm just thinking, as much as I loved the first game and I want to play the second, where does BK come in and how does it make it polite and friendly, slowing down the game, the way the gaming supposed to be style?

I'm sure our gameplay would evolve to better fit some of the aspects of Bad Company is we chose to go that way.  It would be a growing period where we as a clan would find a rule set and gameplay standard that we felt comfortable with.  I think most of us came in to BK during its World @ War phase and this experience might be tough for some of us.  Some of the rules we have in place for W@W attract and keep a certain gamer mindset and playing style.  I'm sure we can make ANY game our own as long as we work together and keep focused on what BK values at its core...   Camaraderie, respect and fair play.

BTW:  I have always liked the Battlefield model and still play 2142.  And Sinister does have a point.  I remembre several times accidentaly ejecting from a troop transport out in the middle of nowhere on maps like Suez and spending the next 5 minutes walking back to the battle.

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Refrigerator.
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:49 am
I actually like the idea of BC2. I was a big fan of the Battlefield 1942 game (or whatever it was called.) i like flying the planes and helicopters and i like the idea of the extremely large maps. i do feel however that with the larger maps and addition of vehicles that our rules will have to be completely revamped for a new kind of game play. But i'm down with this game. looks neat. any idea on how many people can play at once? i think the BF1942 allowed up to 64 people. (don't remember exactly though. i could be way off.)

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:56 am
Thinkj it's gonna be 32 on 32. So to fill out the map I would say we would have to start with 1 server with 64 slots. Otherwise it's going to be bad with the size of the maps.

Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:56 am
Hey Guys the game looks really good, but i dont know if i like it.
The first thing i like the World War II scenario, cause of the old weapons and its more tactical. And like Sinister said, how we can handle the thing with realism. I think its hard to get all the runners on such big maps.
The Second thing is, it seems as if there were only small teams

Quote:

All-new Squad Gameplay-Team up with 3 other players and fight together to unlock special awards and achievements in 2 squad-specific game modes

What happens if you have Runners on your squad or ego-single-players? So it make only sense with Teamspeak and clanintern.

But if BK decides to enter in the game, I will of course participate Smile

So there is a post for a nice gameplay-vid with commentaries on youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpNG2I_zgjY

See you and greetings by the Rabbit!!!