Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

COD WAW INSTALATION ON XP ITS A LAUGH

Posted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:23 pm
[b]Hi every one on this forum, I have a problem that involves COD WAW, The problem is it dont work, I like many other guys on the pc format have contacted Activision and get the same responses ie, drivers out of date, system specs not upto standard etc etc, it is nothing to do with this at all, I myself have all updated drives, my specs are well above the required specs needed and have installed all the patches I can find and also checked that there are no errors on the system once loaded, I am ussing Windows XP, and I even dissabled the unimodem which made no difference at all. on the web there are a lot of forums that show what other ussers have tried to get this going and the responses from Activision, but now I myself have found that if you got this program for the XP then you are more likely to of waisted your money, here in the UK we pay just under £30 for a disc that is worth nothing, but now I have reported this to the British Trading Standards in London as a flop, a scam if you like, we know that if you have any other type of platform then more than likely it will work but not on the XP, and we want this format removed from the stores and a refund obtained from Activision, the retail company I bought this from has refused to teimberst me with the money as they have had ALL there PC games returned and they now think Activision should deal with it. it looks a good game, but as I only have a pc I guess this is one game that will be shredded and never again will trust Activision products as they have noafter care sales service except to tell you its your system,

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:50 am
What exactly are you experiencing if I may ask?  I run XP on a 4 year old notebook and have no trouble playing WaW.

SFC.McCauley*BK*

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 am
I actually have a similar problem, Sandy Claws left me COD WAW for X-MAs, I loaded it and played the game a bit then went to Multiplayer and found only 7-8 servers, which had tons of lag , couldn't get on etc. I downloaded the patch 1.0.107 etc and still no better results . I played some maps earlier but was not impressed.  I deleted ,reloaded and am downloading the patch again. We'll see on that outcome.

But, Hey ! How are you guys anyway? I have to say I am into Far Cry 2 right now because they have a awesome map editor which even I have been able to figure out and use, what a concept!,lol. The game has it's problems but I do have to say that the MP editor is cool. The maps we played in those DF2 days and BHD days can be recreated easily with even more environment and cover but they are limited since the game is more about Africa. I hope this isn't distracting for team focus but I wanted to put that out there for consideration and especially for any latent map makers out there that might be interested. Take care as always, have a safe, non DUI, or DWI and see you in the New Year.Bye.
Muja`de' *BK*

Posted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:57 am
It's me again, The download didn't do anything but.......I disconnected my normal connection I've used forever, and replugged it in on another spot and  Voila!  I'm connected. Ain't much scientific work involved on whys and wherefores but maybe there was some oxidation on the contacts. Dosen't seem likely with so many similar problems but I'll live with it. See you soon again I suppose. Take care as always.  Muja`de' *BK* ps. I didn't test it so I better get back and see it it's too good to be true.lol.

Posted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:30 pm
I am using XP Pro and I have no problem accessing. My son just loaded it, and he did have that problem. His cure was to use the config.sys and shut down all non-gaming related programs that run in the back ground. He has bare minimum hardware to run the game. Then he added servers as favourites by getting IP's from me. At first sign in, all he saw was the IP's but after shutting down completely and re-starting, he had it all.

Muja if you are into WaW then git yer butt in and play Bro. It'd be great to run and gun with you again.