Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

My thoughts so far on Modern Warfare 2

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:31 am
I'll try to keep this coherent.

First, the bad:

1) IW.net is a joke.
  a) It has taken me up to five minutes for IW.net to find a match.
  b) the matchmaking system only takes ping into account.  For example, a team full of lvl1's can be stuck facing a team full of lvl70's.
  c) It feels, and looks, way too much like Xbox Live.  The lobbies are identical, the attitude of the players are identical, even the stupid and offensive player names are identical.
  d) Ping is only measured in bars, not numbers.  No way to tell exactly what your ping to the host is.
  e) Host migration doesn't work very well.  If the "Best host" leaves the game, it pauses mid-game to find another host.  That really breaks up the gameplay.  Sometimes, and I am not sure what the cause is, the entire game can be disbanded while sitting in the lobby.

2) You can still snipe with the Magnum.  Enough said on that subject I think.

3) 9v9 is the max you can play, it just doesn't feel like enough to me.  A lot of the maps could support much more.

The good:

1) The game, as expected, looks pretty awesome.

2)  There are some pretty awesome perks.  Scavenger allows you to pick up ammo off dead bodies as you run by them.  Bling allows you to have two primary weapon attachments.  You can even have a perk that lowers killstreak settings.  So it takes less kills to make a killstreak.

3) There are some really awesome killstreak rewards too.  Like a Harrier attack, the planes bomb a spot, then hover to dish out more damage.  Remote controlled bombs.  Being able to fire from a heli.  An EMP pulse.  You can even get a nuke as a killstreak reward.  Never seen anybody use that one though.

Plenty more good and bad, but I can't remember everything I was thinking about while at work today.  This game obviously can't replace WAW for us, nor should it.  However, as a side game it makes for quite a bit of fun...and frustration.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:56 am
Half the stuff you listed can be found in PST*Jokers EXtreme mod for WAW and MW, the ideas such as the AC130, nuke, etc, are his original ideas since he created the mod for MW, and IW stole his ideas.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:20 am
I've been playing it for five days now. I am @level 28 rt now. In that time I have only had to escape TWICE out of game due to lagg that wouldn't hardly allow me to move. In the three times the host bailed, the game paused for I would say 15 seconds and carried on right where it left off.  I was surprised actually.  I am sorry to hear you are having so many on line issues.  Luckily my buddies and myself aren't having near the problems you are. I do agree this game is not a clan based game any more and it does seem very "consoleish". I also agree with you that if you have the cash to blow on a side game, it is definitely worth getting. It will keep you entertained till Bad Company  2 comes out.  Wink

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:08 am
Well I've been playing with Seattle, Braxis, and Tetor. We've had some pretty fun times when we've been able to party up and lock down a building or such. It would have been such an awesome game to have dedicated servers. But alas it doesn't. +A game, but it doesn't have dedicated servers....that's the only bad thing I've seen so far...oh and it does look like a console version lol. Doesn't bother me too much. Fun gameplay even if it is fast paced.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 pm
I've had some good times with "the guys" playing this game..Its fun the graphics are nice....It's a little hard yo join the same game as your buddys "It fills up so fast"...IW net can always find me a game in 30 seconds or less (Don't know whats up with yours tet)..Overall it's a "A". Wink

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:48 pm
I had canceled the order of MW2 and i´m happy that we move 2 BC2 and stay in WaW
some things sounds good tet but 9v9 .....there are not anough players to kill for me Cool

greetings Herc.

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:04 pm
Thanks for the great post. With out being able to play with everyone here I see no reason to get the game.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm
I bought the game on release and continue to play, I completely enjoy the game. Some people are complaining about the max of 9v9 gameplay.... honestly most of the maps would not support more than a 9v9.... barring a few exceptions. Gameplay has been great, you see people complaining about lag etc... I personally have only had a small number of cases where lag became an issue.

The main problem as I see its is someone will post something negative and all of the people that were upset about the lack of dedicated servers speak up and complain more making an issue bigger than it really is. Most of the people that have lag issues are the ones with crappy internet connections or pc's that barely meet the minimum specs. The gameplay for me is far superior than the initial MW and even WaW. I get smooth framerates, great pings for the most part, even without a good ping I still feel like I can compete. I played with a group of german players and still finished atop the leaderboard even though I was playing on one of their connections.

The gameplay is definately fast and furious, especially in domination... honestly don't listen to all the naysayer's. I am a pc gamer but really we are a very boisterous group of gamers that complain if we dont get exactly what we want.

If anyone that is playing wants to add me to friends my steam account is roofles38 I should post the pic of me going 48-11 in domination... I just need that tactical nuke!

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm
I had no plans to get COD MW2- BUT my awesome special lady friend bought me an Xbox 360 and the game for our anniversary (I know, Keeper, right?). It's fun. I've played the missions but not online multiplayer and have no interest to do so at this time.For me, that's what BK if for.

"Happiness only real when shared"
Christopher McCandless, Into the Wild

"Hey....you dropped your leg."
Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 pm
good post roofles. i added you as my pal on steam