Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Pearl Harbor Remembrance

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 pm
In light of the date, December 7th, the members of BK would like to observe a moment of silence in remembrance of an event, which will forever remain a day of infamy, On this date, some 68 years, Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japan. At 6pm EST we will ask for a moment of silence within our game and our teamspeak. We ask that everyone take part in this tribute to the fallen, as well as the survivors. Thank you!

SSG.D.I.Bull
Drill Instructor
Match Coordinator/Match Commander

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:55 pm
Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with the government and its emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific.

Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in Oahu, the Japanese ambassador to the United States and his colleagues delivered to the Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time, the Japanese government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. Very many American lives have been lost. In addition, American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday, the Japanese government also launched an attack against Malaya.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked Guam.

Last night, Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands.

Last night, the Japanese attacked Wake Island.

This morning, the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our nation.

As commander in chief of the Army and Navy, I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.

Always will we remember the character of the onslaught against us.

No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost, but will make very certain that this form of treachery shall never endanger us again.

Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interests are in grave danger.

With confidence in our armed forces - with the unbounding determination of our people - we will gain the inevitable triumph - so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, Dec. 7, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese empire.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:47 pm
My ferry company, particularly the boat that I was working on today, hosted WW2 vets from a number of area VFW's in a burial at sea. We stopped midway through our run alongside our sistership coming in the opposite direction. Both vessels hove-to aprox 500 yards apart even thought you could barely see the other ship in the morning mists. After a short dedication the wreaths were buried amidst a 'salute' from both ferrys' horns.

It was probably the most poingant remembrance I can thing of.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:51 pm
Great to hear!

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:32 pm
Thank you guys. Please include all wars, deaths, the wounded, all the lives touched throughout the ages, the unspeakable pain and suffering that is the result of wars. Thank you.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:06 pm
I have talked to some of my great uncle's friends who were on the island at the time some of their stories just suck you in as you listen to what they were thinking at the time and how they reacted the months afterward.

You might see me but I'll already be dead
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:34 am
We will observe another moment of silence at 10pm EST this evening for all those lost in all wars. Please join us for a few moments of silence to observe the sacrifice and suffering of those affected by this great tragedy! Thank you wesley for point this out!

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 am
Thank- you  Veterans for serving the United States of America!
YN3 SS Andrew W. Palagyi, USN  Submarines 1991-1995

"You should laugh once a day, because laughter is like sunshine, and a day without sunshine is like.............NIGHT!
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:32 am
Thank you to everyone who has served their countries.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:58 am
... And at the going down of the sun, we will remember them.  Lest We Forget

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm
ALWAYS REMEMBER!!