Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

How is the beta?

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 am
I am not at all impressed with the beta yet But the graphic of the little green download bar sluggishly moving left to right is nice. The green bar should arrive at its distanation in about 2 hrs Sad  Sad

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:18 am
I think there is some hit detection issues right now. This should be something they can easy fix with an up date. They say they are taking in a lot of data from the beta already and should have more updates up soon.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 am
It's different.

I'd suggest a few guys hoping into an unused server and 'playing with the toys' for a bit.
Flying the helicopter is definatly going to take some practice...........

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm
In my opinion the game is one of the best I've ever played. I like the beta a whole lot more than cod5 right now. I've heard people complaining a lot about how they can't do anything or get any kills, and they are thinking of canceling their preorder. You can't decide that on the second day of the beta. Give it at least 2 weeks.

Oh and by the way, flying the chopper is pretty easy, you just gotta get used to the upside down controls.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:40 pm
you can also re-reverse the controls in the options menu... I havent played with it, but then again, i do much better as a hidy sniper than in any vehical...

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:08 pm
I spent an hour or two this morning jumping in servers with the intent to just get in and get to choppers and fly. I can say that I've got the hang of it now.

Be aware that if you jump in a Blackhawk (the big one) and don't have door gunners you have no weapons.

If you're solo in an apache, you have rockets.

Took a little getting used to but once you get the controls figured out it's not hard as Immo said.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:09 pm
Sounds like we may need some boot camps to cover flying.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:45 pm
Yea, I could see boot camps specializing in all the fun toys. I didn't realize till this morning that you could change your position in the vehicles by hitting the F1 key.

The chain gun in the Blackhawk is an awesome weapon, and straffing the ground with rockets from the apache is something not to be missed...... ; )

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:42 pm
Well I love the game but for instance I had a really bad time playing it alone- no BKs... My "attackers" team wouldnt attack so we were stuck in the spawn and while on defense they wouldnt disarm the charges... I left the game really angry.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm
Well I can tell you it is totally different from W@W.  The first night it came out it was difficult at best to play on as my sound kept cutting out and I think TS interfered with the game as well.  Last night when I started Steam there was some form of update and suddenly.....WOW almost no lag, I never lost my sound although I didn't log into TS the game ran really well, the friends thing is not working well as the night before I had indicated a whole whack of BK members as friends the only one who showed in my screen was Drycon so he and I played on the same squad most of the night.

I have said it before but I will say it again, communications will be the key to victory especially when it comes to riding in vehicles and the choppers, without it we are sitting ducks.  The nice thing is spawning, you can spawn on your squad mates and get right back into the action, but they need to know you are doing it so they have to try and not die.  It seems to take an awful amount of ammo to bring someone down, I hope they fix this as it took me many shots with both sniper rifle and the AK to kill someone, the current BETA is filled with many people who have unlocked many new weapons and are quick to bring you down, the controls are completely different from COD but I think over time we will master them.  

Overall I think it will be a really good game, currently it is frustrating trying to figure it all out but as others have said it is a BETA and I think they are improving it daily, once we have our own server I think it will be easier to control some of the smacktards out there, there are many BF2 veterans that will dominate early on but with our excellent comms (TS3) and our good cohesion I think we will do well.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:44 am
Right, this is the BETA version. For us to play, and HELP Dice fix the problems areas we find. It will be buggy at times, laggy, glitchy and all that. That's why they are running the BETA for 4 weeks. To get the word from us as to what is wrong.
Maybe the will throw in a prone, maybe not. Other fixes will come sooner rather than later. For now, its play and send in those problems that you have encountered. Only we can help to make the game better with our findings and suggestions.

You can bet, after the BETA is done, polishing the game play will come in many patches over time. And along with the release, more toys, equipment and vehicles to play with.

BC2 is entirely different, and difficult to play when you come from a COD background. I was in the Battlefield series. So I am getting back into the swing of that type of game play. At first, I did not care for the game play. However, now, after a few days, I can say I enjoy it more. Its not perfect, but it can and will get better. For those of you who are on the fence, or don't care for the game as I did at first, I can only ask that you play it, get past the "problem areas" areas for now, remember its the BETA, and have some fun.

I do at times find the game frustration. Specially when I get one or two shotted, but it always seems to take me a magazine or more to get the kill. My blood starts to boil. However, as you rank up in points, you gain better weapons, and that makes a big difference. Its just hard, at least for me it was, to get the points. I DIE ALOT !!!!!!!!! But this game is not about K/D ration, its about squad play and team movement. When you work as a team, and communicate, you gain the objectives easier. And it makes it more enjoyable.

All in all, I can see this game being as successful as the other BF games.

Vrai A La Fin

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am
I have to say that I am very relieved at the difference in gameplay away from a good Kill/Death ratio, and towards attacking and defending the objective.  It's been a lot of fun, and I'm set to have a lot more of it. Smile

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 pm
I found this today:

A Post From Bluesnews.com

Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone

[Feb 01, 2010, 10:25 am ET] - Share - Viewing Comments
A tweet by Battlefield Bad Company 2 lead designer David Goldfarb that's retweeted by the BFBC2 feed says that even if you stand on your head, they are not adding the ability to go prone in the military shooter sequel: "Fyi we will not add prone based on anything. You can stop asking now. Smile"

Console's are screwing us again! They Gotta dumb down PC games to work on consoles.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:38 pm
any idea where I can activate  in the game menu?  my punk buster updater does not have the game in the list of games to choose from.  i was able to play on the exact servers yesterday.  i use steam to play. I looked but see nowhere in steam to address this. thanks for any info.

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:52 pm
HellBoy if you go into your settings there should be an option to turn punk buster on. That only works if you in stalled punkbuster with the game.

GOA.Luke*BK*