Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

NOT A RUN AND GUN (Yea Right!)

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:50 am
That is alright spider, TY for the tip. NO PRONE IS REALLY BAD FOR ANY GAME OF BATTLE...heck we used to say "buttons are keeping me up to high"....beening a ground hugger is GREAT in war games also.

Is the score for the next rank going to be this ridiculous in the full game. Think it got out of hand.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 pm
Hey Ranger,

I hope that works for you. As far as all this talk about crouch and prone, I can only say that this is a "beta" so there are a number of issues to be addressed. This is why DICE is collecting feedback from gaming fanatics to help dvelope the final version.

All I can say is that in all the previous versions of the Battlefield Series crouch was never toggled and required you to hold the key down continuously, but they all have prone which is toggled. I can't imagine not having these features in BC2 and I am confident that they will be included consideringthe demand.

The current scoring & ranking of the beta is limited and designed for the short 30 day life of the game pending the fullverson. Depending on how often you play this in the meantime I am sure we will all be bored with the "single map" we have and the full version will give us new environments as well as "game types" that will add variety to the experience.

Don't forget the single-version of the game as well. This will allow us to practice at our own pace to prepare us for multiplayer mode.

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:23 pm
i would not buy the game, if i were not a *BK* , fore me this is a full run & gun game, no place to hide like W@W
you know lean left/right watching around a corner......in BC2 you do a fast sidestep or maybe hiphop bunnyhop to watch behind a building or what ever!? tactic is ..jump in the cars / tanks....all attack one position ,fire like hell
boomboomboom captured / destroind first target----> run / drive fast to the next one and so on and so on...
remembers me  on Quake (yep you can laugh) it feels like Quake , Quake with Tanks hehe.
i hope they create bigger maps like BF 1942 with other objectives blablabla....the beta is only rush A rush B
now the next ttarget....

but i am sure, i will have my fun with other *BK* brothers in BC2 we want to have fun right?!

so ,run & gun or not enjoy tactical and friendly gaming with the Family it is a run & gun game

don't kill me now!

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:40 pm
You have not played this game on conquest Heraclas... Cool

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Immolation wrote (View Post):

You have not played this game on conquest Heraclas... Cool

yeeha conquest is one of the game modes i like....

off topic "also SnD and War in COD W@W, by the way can we do a War night on W@W ? i love this mode" Laughing

Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:00 pm
conquest was what made battlefield, battlefield. That and the vehicles...

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 am
Yes spider that crouch method works GREAT for me...if you go to a different server your score starts at 0 right? I can't hardly hit anything with that first sniper rifle. I sure get my clock cleaned by others using it....  Sad

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:06 am
Snister's opinion starts here:

Heh... The problem with PC version of that game is that on PS3 it is harder to move around so fast- controls are harder and slower. Here you can turn around in one sec. Movements are more chaotic. If the characters got tired from time to time it would be easier. But they seem to run all the time. On playstation 3 aiming is more human like and the guns more realistic.

Right now I'm slightly disappointed. It is not what I expected. Do I like the game? Yes. Do I see it as the future of BK? I don't know. Most of Karmas are used to sitting around too take one precise shot. Or to sneak around to someone. Or to sneak and snipe. Here snipers have a big disadvantage. If you catch a target with a bullet (unlikely when they're all running around as they are in the regular servers) there's a 50% or less chance that you'll kill him. There is no holding your breath so your aim is constantly unsteady. You have to constantly hold 'c' to crouch. You can't prone- yeah,soldier sniper wouldn't go prone to get less visible, stupid me.

Well Nam- Ranger... I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the game and that you have hard time playing it. What you could do is invest in a joystick- but I don't know if it would help you or not.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:13 am
My opinion: the rush gamemode is extremely chaotic, for the simple reason that it's two sides going directly at eachother on a straight path. There are usually only two routes you can take. What people do not realize is that this is not even what the game is going to be like... yes you have to hold down the crouch button... big deal? There is currently not a prone button, but they are thinking of putting it in...

The battlefield series has been known for it's large maps, and skirmish gameplay (skirmish meaning small firefights between a couple squads somewhere on the map). If BC2 has the conquest gamemode, and at least some of the maps are larger and less linear, I think you guys will be happy.

The way it looks right now is that I'll be playing my new favorite game, but no one else will be... all I hear is complaints about how it's a run and gun, or you can't kill anyone, or this or that... it's kinda worrysome.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:07 pm
I didn't say I don't like the game. I like it. I know how Bad Company 1 was a great game and am looking forward to this one. But still. I'm worried for the rest of BK.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm
Hey Ranger,

To answer your question, your "game name" is your account and all your scoring is tied to it. So it accumulates in your account and carries with you from server to server.

Unfortunately the BETA does not come with any manual and does not explain the scoring process. Points for rank and unlocking weapons is tied to your accumulated score. You get points for kills you make but also for assists that lead to a teammates kill as well. Additionally you gain points being on the victorious side and what your team accomplishes. So when you get into the game always join a team to benefit from thier scores.

Each type of soldier gains points differently other than kills. Assault gives ammo supply to other units when dropping ammo boxes near your teammates or in well traveled areas that others walk by. Each time they replentish from your ammo you gain points. Medics do this in a simular fashion in addition to reviving others.

If you have not tried vehicles yet, they gain huge points when making kills or destroying other vehicles and buildings. Even if you do not drive the vehicle, operating the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gun gets you points that all individuals within that vehicle share. Try it out and you will soon gain more points than trying to just get kills on your own.

Hope this helps and Hang in there!

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:00 pm
ok Spider, Hey BK I like the game and I'll be in the battles with it. Just don't expect any big help from me, ya'll know my play. I just enjoy games I play for fun only. My adverage is 2 kills a game  Sad ....oh well it will come out in the wash......... Cool