Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:49 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Automatically Sync or backup your profiles and other stuff.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:59 am
So this morning I downloaded a nifty little freeware program called SyncBack.  You can use it to make automatic backups of your profile, or keep your profile folder in sync with a profile folder on another hard drive.  I currently have mine set to sync my profile, my entire steamapps folder, my documents and my pictures to an external hard drive.  I also set it up to sync my profile and my pictures to my webserver as well.

It's fairly easy to use if you just want to backup or sync to another hard drive.  Just click new, then choose backup or sync, then click ok, then name it and hit ok again.    You can then select the source folder and the destination folder.  Once you hit ok a couple times it will test the settings for you, just click ok through that till it's finished and you have a profile set up.

Back at the main window make sure the new profile is highlighted then click Schedule.  Click ok a couple times to get to the main schedule window.  Enter your user password if needed, if not just click the schedule tab.  Here you can set what time you want the actions to take effect, choose your times, hit apply, then hit ok a couple times to get back to the main window.

The application uses very little resources so I set mine to Load with windows and to minimize to the tray.  To do this click preferences at the top, then load with windows.  Repeat this step for minimize to tray and minimize on run.

You can grab SyncBack here: http://thepichost.info/SyncBack_Setup.zip

Hope this helps some of you out.