MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Mic problems while on TS.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:34 am
Hello BK members and Guests!

I have a little bit of a problem that myself and a couple of BK members can't solve.

From just recently joining BK, I downloaded TS, the first night everything worked without a hitch. Just the other day, I would talk into my mic and no one in the TS channel would hear me. By checking the Control panel sound and devices and the options in TS, everything seems to be in working condition. On a side note, my brother uses Skype and he says that the mic seems to work just fine on that.

I have a Logitec Headset, and Realtek HD audio device, that has been on my computer since my last headset that broke. My operating system is XP.

I would appreciate any support from you guys.

Thanks for your time,

~Gunther

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:42 am
Make sure it isn't muted. If usb try plugging into another usb port. Open media center and make sure it hasn't defaulted to other kind of Mic setup.

Try another mic just to see what happens

Best I can do.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:54 am
for awhile my 'recording device' in windows control panel for sound would switch away from my usb microphone all by itself. I'd have to go in and manually change it back to the 'USB device' as the input device. It would work fine until a reboot and then it would switch back.
Did that for a week or so and then it automagically 'stuck' on the right one......no idea why or how. I too have the Realteck HD  Audio.

Check ALL the setting in windows control panel for sound....even if they don't make sense......there may be something there.

Also, and you probably know this but I'll throw it out anyways, there's a check box by the microphone input in the sound mixer to mute the mic....make sure that's not checked.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:32 am
If it is only on TS, then you need to open/start TS, go to Settings....options.....then capture...check to see if the "Capture Mode" is set to "Automatically use best mode" and Capture Device is " Microphone....."
this sound's silly, but someone else's got changed some how, and now it's working....let us know...if you want, you can come in TS and I can go though your settings and compare them to mine...PM me or I also us xfire and STEAM....

X-Fire-Bighawk69
STEAM- Asharpjr

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:13 pm
Alright, thanks guys!

I will add you to Xfire Hawkeye, and I will try all these hint and tips that you all gave to me.

We will see if they work for me. Hope so

Thanks for the help

~Gunther

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:56 pm
No problem Gunther...when you add me to xfire, we'll try to chat there with the mic...to troubleshoot it...lol...I'm on now...11:56am est.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:11 pm
realtec thing i have the same ....it come with a programm/driver "realtek HD audio manager" this thing is bugy .
it's a known problem googe it .
if i had time (later) i check it.
sry did not read all the posts ,i'm busy

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:38 am
Hey Guys!

Thanks for you help with my mic problems. Got some help this morning by Hawkeye and we have got my mic to where people can hear me a bit on TS. All you have to do now to hear my voice louder is to right click on my name and turn the volume up in the volume control.

Thanks for the help and good problem solving BK!

~Gunther

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:21 am
Gunther, Heraclas might be on to something there, it's worth checking out....I found the followling...

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic38366.html

http://www.overclock.net/sound-cards-computer-audio/72649-microphone-not-working-realtek-hd.html

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/526528-realtek-hd-audio-input-mic.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/sound-cards/314948-realtek-microphone-problem.html

But, We'll also try to trouble shoot even farther when we see each other on line this week...remember to try to install TS on your other comp and test mic....