Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

BK Techzine ( March 24th )

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm
Hey sup guys i figured id start a daily tech. log on the forums to let people know whats going on in the tech. world. Ill snag different articles from different sources to keep things as accurate as i can make them. This will include things such as; updates on vid cards, new gadgets, etc. If there's anything specific ( such as new info about consoles or hand helds ) or anything like that youd really like me to keep an eye on just lemme know!

No Dual Fermi's?!

No dual Fermi cards to come anytime soon; The reason being the huge 400watt power usage. This is a huge undertaking nvidia must look into b4 pushing out the high end fermi cards. ATM the 480 will be the king of nvidia while the 5970 will be the king of the graphics cards hill for a tad bit longer.

Bill Gates wants to build Nuclear power plants?

Everyone knows that if you are an evil mastermind hell bent on global domination, the first thing you do is build a nuclear power plant. If you are a Bond villain you will even go that extra mile of wiring it all into a volcano.

Now it seems that the Software King of the World Sir William Gates III wants to build nuclear power plants, so we guess a “mini me” and covering your secretary in gold paint is the next stage.

Gates has recruited laptop maker Toshiba to be his next Odd-job and will be develop a compact next-generation reactor that can operate for up to 100 years without refuelling to provide emission-free energy.

The idea is to create a Traveling-Wave Reactor (TWR), which consumes depleted uranium as fuel. Current light-water reactors require refueling every few years. Unlike the current reactors at mega power plants, the smaller types could be introduced by cities or states or in developing countries more easily. (Uranium and developing countries don't sound like a good match. sub.ed.)

Gates is expected to use his personal wealth to back the development of TWRs and his investment could reach several billion dollars. Of course it could be more if the government pays him several billion dollars not to use his solar ray gun to destroy Kansas and three other locations within 24 hours.

New "Gamer Fuel"

Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel fans have enjoyed flavors from Halo 3 and World of Warcraft, and it is time for a new game to go to the head of the class. This time around, Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel will feature Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker as the promotional game of choice.

In a new twist this time around, it would appear that fans of the Mountain Dew Gamer Fuel will have eight different can styles to collect, but we assume that the actual flavors will be limited to only one or two. We have yet to be able to confirm the flavors, but we expect an official announcement from the Pepsi folks when we get closer to the actual launch of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, which will arrive in Japan in April and in North America/Europe in June only on the PSP platform.

BFG's a "no go" in Europe?

One of two major US-based Nvidia partners has shut down its operations in Europe. It’s BFG that has closed its doors and we heard that some chaps who used to run BFG Europe have moved to Dutch-based Point of View.

Point of View is surely but slowly picking up the market and BGF's part of the market was mainly UK and Ireland, while Point of View has big presence in countries such as France and Spain, and in Scandinavia and Benelux. We are sure that they will want to expand to some other territories, as Point of View wants a piece of the cake in the UK and Ireland.

Nvidia is definitely reducing the number of partners in Europe.

New Siggy; What do you think?

Last edited by WannaB on Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm
Thanks for the great post!

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm
new ATI drivers out 10.3

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 pm
That would of been in like 3 days ago's post Wink ill also be keeping things such as driver updates in these threads Razz

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:16 am
World of Warcraft .... <3 . I cant find any of those Gamer Fuel drinks where I live. Urggg  Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 am
They stopped selling them Sad i dont drink soda but i tried one and actually liked it? Back when i used to drink soda my favorite drink was surge... to bad they stopped selling it ... ugh!