Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Squad tactics?

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:28 pm
Just curious as I watch when the game is played....
Does anyone use squad tactics..?
Like, even tho people are using TS or other VOIP proggies I still notice its basically just chatter.
I know the games arent anything serious so I can expect that.
Just wondering if ST are ever used in matches or skrimz...

Kinda like " displacing, advancing foward 5 meters"

Or with a squad of 4, kinda have one of each class with each class having a specific job...

Recon takes point....assault runs behind 5 meter spread.....medic, and engi follow about the same, supporting eachother.

Just curious cuz when I am playing I can imagine a squad moving foward through the lines, working as one group "Set, fire, displace" Etc...

I'm new so if any of the stuff I post is stupid just tell me to shush haha

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 pm
The best option would be to have a well rounded team/squad or perhaps even two "squads" that work in conjunction with each other.  For instance, one team could be the fire team and the other the assault team (just one suggestion).

The team should coordinate movement, fire and actions and well as using each other to spawn (when appropriate and safe).

And, yes, communication during active engagements should be kept specific to task, but when it is general game place (like most nights on the servers) that is not going to be easy to control (people popping in and out, side conversations, Luke stopping in the check on things, etc).  But, in an active match or other such event, then yes: chat should stay focused.

Anyway, I will be happy to "squad" with you any time and use fire team tactics  Very Happy

SMACKY - MOLON LABE
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:22 pm
If you want some squad tactics you should check out or matches. We get very serious about the game then. (We do have a BFBC2 match comming up soon check the calendar.) During normal game play we are just having fun.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm
Ok cool, just curious Smile
Thanks for the input!

Oh and I'm definitly looking foward to matches....those gotta be a blast compared to reg play

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 pm
I would be interested in some squad tactics even during normal game play. Something organized would be nice. If I am around, give me a shout and I will join with whatever kit is needed. This lone wolf stuff is getting old..