Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

COD 7 BLK OPS NEWS

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:41 pm
Hey guys i thought it would be an encouragement to read this snippet of news. If it is true on Treyarch's part we will be happy COD community "campers"

Check the following link: (copy and paste if not working)

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=976&Itemid=131

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:57 pm
Notice that had an anti-tank weapon that was NOT around in the military back then. I was at fist trained as as anti-tank/armor, the only anti-armor was the 90mm recordless and the 106. The bad guys used the RPG 99% of the time. The L.A.W. when it came out, it was designed to take out light armor. It would after 5 hits or so, course if it was heavy armor "YOU WOULD JUST PISS THE CREW OFF CAUSE YOU JUST MESSED UP THEIR PAINT JOB". Could not tell anything about the gun ships, in '68 most were Charlie model (huey with 4 flex m-60s and 2.5 rockets). Cobra gunships were few in number at that time.

The only thing I have to say (other than the above) game cost to much and they need to do a lillte reasearch on the war in '68.

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:26 pm
Well,,,at least we know the Treyarch guys are a swell bunch of fellas...  Would have been nice if the author told us more about what they were working instead of how swell it was to hang out with them lol. BC2 has dedicated servers but our hands are still tied more than I would like.  We'll see if this game is any different. I think we need more to go on before we rant on the inaccuracies of this next instalment... As for cost, I am sure it will be more than Nam-Ranger is willing to pay.

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Nam-Ranger wrote (View Post):

Notice that had an anti-tank weapon that was NOT around in the military back then. I was at fist trained as as anti-tank/armor, the only anti-armor was the 90mm recordless and the 106. The bad guys used the RPG 99% of the time. The L.A.W. when it came out, it was designed to take out light armor. It would after 5 hits or so, course if it was heavy armor "YOU WOULD JUST PISS THE CREW OFF CAUSE YOU JUST MESSED UP THEIR PAINT JOB". Could not tell anything about the gun ships, in '68 most were Charlie model (huey with 4 flex m-60s and 2.5 rockets). Cobra gunships were few in number at that time.

The only thing I have to say (other than the above) game cost to much and they need to do a lillte reasearch on the war in '68.

I hope you realize that it's not call of duty: Vietnam, it's call of duty: Black Ops. Plus, it's just a game. It's not supposed to be exactly like real life. If it was, then I don't think it would be nearly as fun. You really should put any unrealistic issues aside and enjoy the game for what it is.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:52 pm
I was reading the other day that this game was to be a beta test to get more money out of the PC users, instead of having dedicated servers they were going to charge like WOW does now and make users pay per month ( youd get the first month free when you buy the game ) instead of renting servers like we do now.

This was just a suggestion that was made at one of Treyarch's meetings; As of now things are just set with dedicated servers.

If gaming EVER comes down to that ill just stick to single player... lol

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:53 am
Yep, $55 was my limit......I want be on COD/BO....yep, it's just a game they want it real like yet they have no idea how to do it...if they try renting, well let's say that will be death of online gaming...

Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:26 am
Well atm clans rent servers so it would kinda be the same except EVERY body has to pay for the servers ...

As for the price of games, honestly its not that bad. Try paying for real software IE photoshop; you'll find 60 bucks is cheap Smile

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:12 pm
I read an article about the game and it made it look like the multilayer was made first. That some of the single player maps came from multilayer maps not the other way around.

GOA.Luke*BK*