Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Banned for running, but i wasn't.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:44 am
Hey all, I was just kicked and banned for running, it said it was an Admin decision.  Problem is I wasn't running.  Im new to your servers but respect the rules and come from a tactical realism clan.  I just dont run, period, so Im really confused as to why I was kicked.  It was @ 7:38 pst.  and I was on server #2.  Please look at the logs or something and you'll see I was not running or breaking any rules.  I sure hope this can get resolved gang, I am really enjoying my time on your servers.

Thanks for your response

Respectfully,

JD

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 am
Hello JD first let me say thank you for playing on our servers. We do our best to keep to admin fairly but we are human and can only do what we see. With so many people in the server and things moving quickly all we can do is our best to control the servers. The kick is not a ban from what I'm seeing it is only a timed one. By the time you read this it should be lifted so you can go back into the server now.

I look forward to seeing you in the server again soon. Also feel free to join us on TS. You can get the info for TS3 on our home page.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm
please also note that walking without sights up may also be listed as running

to see the full set rules please Click Here

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm
First off, thank you for such a quick response.  I completely understand the challenges that arise from trying to monitor a full server, I think you guys do a bang up job.  Whether it was by accident or perhaps i was breaking a rule I was unaware of, a temp. ban is a small price to pay for properly policed servers.  I fully intend to continue to play on your servers.....I just have a blast!   So as to make sure I am not rule breaking, I would like a point of clarification please.  When I move i always move in crouch, not with the iron sights up, but in crouch.......is that legal or is all movement to be with iron sights up.  As I understood the rule, walking upright you must have your weapon up and be using the iron sights, but moving in crouch, you do not need to have the weapon up and sighted....just wondering if that is correct?

Again, thanks for the quick response and for providing us public players with such a nice place to play!!

JD

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 pm

_JD_ wrote (View Post):

First off, thank you for such a quick response.  I completely understand the challenges that arise from trying to monitor a full server, I think you guys do a bang up job.  Whether it was by accident or perhaps i was breaking a rule I was unaware of, a temp. ban is a small price to pay for properly policed servers.  I fully intend to continue to play on your servers.....I just have a blast!   So as to make sure I am not rule breaking, I would like a point of clarification please.  When I move i always move in crouch, not with the iron sights up, but in crouch.......is that legal or is all movement to be with iron sights up.  As I understood the rule, walking upright you must have your weapon up and be using the iron sights, but moving in crouch, you do not need to have the weapon up and sighted....just wondering if that is correct?

Again, thanks for the quick response and for providing us public players with such a nice place to play!!

JD

If you want to crouch all the time with your sights up go for it, but that isn't necessary.  If you are upright, sights up 100% of the time.  If you are pistol walking, you still need to crouch to reload.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:25 pm
JD, I first want to thank you for being respectful and polite while addressing your concerns AND for asking for clarification of the rules to make sure that you understand them completely. Quite often people that come here looking to be 'un-kicked' from the server are quite rude and disrespectful. So again I thank you for your patience and politeness.

So as for the rules, it's mostly pretty easy. If you are crouched, you do not need to be sighted in. If you are standing upright, you must be sighted in all cases (that means if you have iron sights or sniper scope or anything else, you are still to be sighted). The only time running is allowed is to escape a grenade that is in direct harms way or under direct fire (meaning you have been shot). After that, you must return to a crouched or sighted position. I guess I would advise caution on the running rule as it can be easy for someone not to understand why you are running, even for the reasons listed. I myself and many other BK members just don't run ever and some have even gone so far as to un-assign a run key so it's not even possible.

To make things even simpler... If you hear footsteps, you aren't doing it right! ;)

Hope this helps and look forward to seeing you in the server again soon.

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Great feedback guys......thanks again so much and i look forward to seeing you in game!!