Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

MoH PC Beta Review

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Here is a review of the PC version of MoH's demo.

MoH Tier1 Buster's Beta review

My favourite quote from the review

Quote:

think some will shy away because of the lack of superman perks while others will come back to gaming because it’s just you and your rifle so to speak. It brings back the days of CoD2 for me, remember those: when teamwork, good shooting, and tactics won the day.

With the above being said, I think I'm sold, CoD2, for me, was the best FPS experience I have ever had and if they can recreate something even remotely similar, I'm game.

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:49 pm
it`s pretty good in deathmatches it would be better if we controled the play (crouch hard core)and the DM map is really small.plus no lean no prown

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:31 pm

hellin wrote (View Post):

it`s pretty good in deathmatches it would be better if we controled the play (crouch hard core)and the DM map is really small.plus no lean no prown

EA confirmed that 'lean and prone' will be in final version.

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:46 pm
I've got a beta key and haven't had the chance to try it yet, hoping to get on tonight and try it out!

Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm
To me its MW2, created by Dice, without the superman perks, with everyone having a super mortar button on the guns.

New Siggy; What do you think?
Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:12 am
Thanks for the great post!

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:28 pm
So is it any good?  Should I preorder or just wait for release?

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:43 pm
I should have my key today! If not there will be a phone call...

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm
If I preorder does it have to be done the same as it was with BFBC2?  I usually do in store pick up but I want to make sure I get a key.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm

REAL_UFANS wrote (View Post):

If I preorder does it have to be done the same as it was with BFBC2?  I usually do in store pick up but I want to make sure I get a key.

If you pre-order from GameStop, you can get key and do in store pickup when game is released.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm at level 5 so far, and it reminds me a lot of CoD, but with better graphics and especially sound. I'm not a CoD fan, but found the deathmatch (Team Assault) map quite addicting. The other gameplay is combat mission, where you have a series of objectives to assault or defend. This mode is more like BC2.

Other thoughts;
Splash damage of grenades and rockets is weak compared to BC2.
Game mechanics are not quite as fluid as BC2.
The red dot optics are done right! Huge step up from BC2.
I feel more immersed with the real/current locations and situations. It's kind of erie in way, especially when that cell phone is in your hand...

Here is another review if your interested;
http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/19/medal-of-honor-beta-what-it-does-right-what-it-does-wrong-brycew/

Keep in mind this is a beta obviously, there's some crazy stuff going on periodically (in particular, lighting), and of course there's a plethora of bunny hoppers and CoD run and gun rambos!

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:40 pm
Thanks.  I preordered it just waiting on the key now.

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:05 am
shotguns are a wee bit to powerful....

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

CapZac wrote (View Post):

I'm at level 5 so far, and it reminds me a lot of CoD, but with better graphics and especially sound. I'm not a CoD fan, but found the deathmatch (Team Assault) map quite addicting. The other gameplay is combat mission, where you have a series of objectives to assault or defend. This mode is more like BC2.

Other thoughts;
Splash damage of grenades and rockets is weak compared to BC2.
Game mechanics are not quite as fluid as BC2.
The red dot optics are done right! Huge step up from BC2.
I feel more immersed with the real/current locations and situations. It's kind of erie in way, especially when that cell phone is in your hand...

Here is another review if your interested;
http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/19/medal-of-honor-beta-what-it-does-right-what-it-does-wrong-brycew/

Keep in mind this is a beta obviously, there's some crazy stuff going on periodically (in particular, lighting), and of course there's a plethora of bunny hoppers and CoD run and gun rambos!

Forgot to mention accuracy is insanely high. This is do in part to great red dot optics, but mostly from the fact there's no weapon recoil. And unlike BFBC2, when you're taking hits, your body doesn't jounce from impact.

Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:03 pm
I've been playing for a few days now and getting the hang of it. At first I felt it was a lot like my first experiences with BFBC2 where I couldn't kill anyone and died all the time, but now its much much better.

Combat Mission mode is like Rush in BFBC2, you take an objective and more of  the map opens to access the second, third, etc objectives, while one team defends. This is my favorite... Much more teamwork required and run and gun is minimized as the team tries to advance together. They don't have squads (yet) but you do have an option to spawn on front line or base (for snipers or tank respawn).

Team Assault is all run and gun right now. Obviously no rules, and map is a bit open and small to hold any position.

There is no bullet drop for distance which makes sniping a bit easier than BFBC2.

Grenades in addition to weak splash damage don't go near as far... I think more realistic. Have you ever tried throwing a baseball from center field to home plate... Not easy... now put metal in it... I've never actually thrown a grenade, but distance seems more realistic and more difficult to utilize effectively.

Resupplies are at specific points (crates) on the map.

Shotgun is a bit powerful at distance, but only a 3 shot semi-auto makes it a tough weapon to use.

AA