Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Server #2

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:33 am
I go there because riflenads are not used. Now, everytime I go there lately it has been shotguns are bolts only. To me neither are fun, so just make 2 a bolt only sever and I'll know go to 1 only. Besides I'm not set up for bolts or shotguns only.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 am

Nam-Ranger wrote (View Post):

I go there because riflenads are not used. Now, everytime I go there lately it has been shotguns are bolts only. To me neither are fun, so just make 2 a bolt only sever and I'll know go to 1 only. Besides I'm not set up for bolts or shotguns only.

Not always Nam...it's when a couple come in a tell everyone it's bolts or shotguns only. Server #2 is becoming a thorn in BK's side as it now stands...open to hostile takeover at anytime, and harassment to it's users if they don't comply to the hostile takeover. In fact just last night I decided to play bolts only. But some were using machine guns so I switched to protect myself. The caps started flooding the screen and names were being called and even a friendly fire attack by a bk member when he purposefully hit me with a gas nade. Most just drop out because of the relentless all capped screen spams with their names attached. But I agree with you Nam...they should make it a shotgun or bolts only and dispense with all the hostilities from people in that server. Let people know going in that they won't be welcomed with anything more.

Deleted......
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:08 am
what right do you madcapper have to say anything about what is or what isnt "a thorn in BK's side"... you are a guest here

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:34 pm
WELL THIS IS WINEMAKR AND I AM A MEMBER OF *BK*. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEM! I WAS PLAYING ON SERVER 2 AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE MAP GOT CHANGED TO ( DOME) SHOTTYS BECAUSE SOMEONE WROTE IT ON THE SCREEN. I PLAY ON SERVER 2 BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE RIFLE NADES EITHER. I CAN'T PLAY SHOTTYS DUE TO MY ARTHRITIIS IN MY HANDS. I DO THE BEST I CAN TO PLAY A REGULAR GAME. THERE IS NO VOTE, ONE PERSON WRITES ON THE SCREEN OR YELLS SHOTTYS ON TEAM SPEAK AND AWAY THEY GO. MOSTLY BK MEMBERS PLAY THESE GAMES ON SERVER 2 AND THEN THERE ARE NO ADMIN ON SERVER ONE. THEN SERVER 1 GOES CRAZY WITH RUNNERS.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:45 pm
From my experience (and I've been playing a LOT lately), the server is standard rules (no rifle nades, etc) the majority of the time.  Yes, sometimes when there is a small population (ie, under 18-20 folks), folks chat on teamspeak and say "Hey, it'd be fun to do a shotgun round" or "hey, let's do bolts."  And so a few rounds get played.  However, I've also noticed that when the population increases, or when folks don't seem to be wanting to do the special weapons, we go back to regular rules.  No one is EVER kicked for not using the requested weapons.  EVER.  They are asked to use them when the "variety" rounds are being played, but harrassed? Naw.  I've only seen nice and/or funny requests to use them.  

Now, in my experience, it's a known fact that you can't make EVERYBODY happy.  Ever.  And you can't always have it the way you want all the time.  Ever.  The most you can do is try to find a happy balance.  And personally, I think it's ok the way it's been done, especially since there are two servers available to play on.  Is it perfect? Nope.  But it's not horribad either.

I think most of us just want to play and have fun.  Sometimes it's nice just to be a little flexible, ya know?

That's my .02. Smile

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:54 pm

winemakr wrote (View Post):

WELL THIS IS WINEMAKR AND I AM A MEMBER OF *BK*. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THEM! I WAS PLAYING ON SERVER 2 AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE MAP GOT CHANGED TO ( DOME) SHOTTYS BECAUSE SOMEONE WROTE IT ON THE SCREEN. I PLAY ON SERVER 2 BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE RIFLE NADES EITHER. I CAN'T PLAY SHOTTYS DUE TO MY ARTHRITIIS IN MY HANDS. I DO THE BEST I CAN TO PLAY A REGULAR GAME. THERE IS NO VOTE, ONE PERSON WRITES ON THE SCREEN OR YELLS SHOTTYS ON TEAM SPEAK AND AWAY THEY GO. MOSTLY BK MEMBERS PLAY THESE GAMES ON SERVER 2 AND THEN THERE ARE NO ADMIN ON SERVER ONE. THEN SERVER 1 GOES CRAZY WITH RUNNERS.

Whenever I am around during the gametype changes it has always been up for vote.  On TS and in game.  If majority rules I agree with it.  If we have too many pubs I am against it.  We always try to make sure there is a BK member on server one, but when somebody doesn't tell us they are leaving we won't know it's not being watched until we check it ourselves.(why I think every member should be on ts even if they have it muted most of the time.)  If you are ever on TS when I am and people want to play shotguns but you don't, just say no.  I will stand by you.

Some of us need to change things up a bit to keep World At War interesting.  I'd rather not have to go to another clan's servers every time I want to play a different gametype.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:25 pm
There have been a great many times no one is in server2, so on TS we agree to play shotties. Then after awhile people start coming in and either use them or dont. My point is if we werent there playing shotties
server 2 would be empty and the guys that complain where would ya play then?

Again there is always server 1 to play on, its game folks meant to have fun on.  And i agree the BIGGEST
complainers are NON BK members. There are many non Bk that join in and have fun. Join in  and dont complain, or better yet join Bk and have a voice.

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:15 am
How about this, I will pay for a shotguns only server that is BK's.. I dont ask to be an admin in it, I am just footing the bill, with the understanding that it is shotguns only. No whining or complaining from anyone and no switching it over to anything other than shotguns only.

You all admin it as you would any other of your servers. It has our bk name, our bk rules, I pay the bill for awhile (no gurantees on how long it will be up) and I will provide rcon and server access to those that would normally have it. Or you all set it up through whomever you are using right now as a game server hosting company, and I will just make a donation each month to general fund that will take care of the amount needed. It cant be all that much. As long as we keep it to $20 or under per month, I can handle that for awhile.

Just let me know.

This should help eliminate all the bad feelings that are going on from the guests and members. Pretty good solution I think... Smile

"Once you hear the click, its too late......" ~Thor
Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:43 am
I will help foot the bill Thor.  Split it 50/50.  Seems reasonable since a few dozen people (BK and Non-BK alike) enjoy the gameplay style.