Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Interesting turn of events.....

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 pm
Hello All.  Last night I was on server 2 and a player named "neon" something kept insisting that everyone use bolts.  It got to the point that he actually called someone who wasn't aware, a NOOB.  There were several BK members on the server at the time and i dont understand how this guy was allowed to call the shots, so to speak, and nobody from BK interjected.  I was under the impression that the servers were hosted by BK, perhaps i am wrong.  Im not complaining because bolts only or not, I enjoy your servers and it really makes no difference to me, but I was just wondering if in fact BK is paying for these servers and running them, or is it someone behind the scene.  Just curious.  Thanks again for providing a killer place to play  (no pun intended)!  Smile

Posted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 pm
Every now and then BK members start a Bolts or Shotguns only on Server 2 when it is empty.  Normally this happens when Server 1 is almost full.  Eventually people join and the server quickly fills up (I guess because it is something to break the normal gameplay bordem).  We ask people to please use Bolts/Shotguns but we never warn/kick/ban if a player refuses to switch.  

I was on Server 1 most of the night so I cannot speak on the Neon issue.  He was not calling the shots though, just trying to get people to switch weapons (sounds like he may have went a little overboard).  I can tell you that there is one guy who "calls the shots" and that is our leader, Luke.

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:55 am
I remember the incident and saw Neon call a player a Noob - we the BK members had actually asked for the Bolts only - and when Neon typed that - I did warn him and he settled down - however, as stated, we do not kick/ban for people not using the same weapons we choose - we ask nicely that they either play with us, or perhaps switch to the other server - or we tell them to wait out a map or two then things will go back to normal - Neon's remark was not ignored, and he is far from being the one in control.

Thanks for the heads up though JD - come back anytime - these servers are great

[PFC] Windridr*BK*

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:57 pm
Great feedback guys, thank you.  Yeah i totally get the asking folks to switch to a specific weapon, especially if its just for a map or two (& by the way i love bolts so this was not intended to be any sort of complaint), I guess what stood out the most was the guy (neon) who seems like a nice enough guy, seemed kind of insistent that everyone switch and yet he didnt have any BK tags, so i was just a tad confused as to who "is in charge" or "runs" the servers.  Thanks for the clarification fellas and I shall see you both on the battlefield!

God Bless   Smile

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:40 am
[quote="Windrider";p="46450"]I remember the incident and saw Neon call a player a Noob - we the BK members had actually asked for the Bolts only - and when Neon typed that - I did warn him and he settled down - however, as stated, we do not kick/ban for people not using the same weapons we choose - we ask nicely that they either play with us, or perhaps switch to the other server - or we tell them to wait out a map or two then things will go back to normal - Neon's remark was not ignored, and he is far from being the one in control.

Thanks for the heads up though JD - come back anytime - these servers are great

[PFC] Windridr*BK*[/quote]

I have a series of screen shots that say you don't ask nicely. That you harass players and even stoop so low as to gas them on purpose. You type caps and call people children and say that people who don't follow the server rules as they are being made up on the spot are being disrespectful. How dare you preach about respect and hit me with a gas to prove your in-charge and frustrate me to leave. You talk about how intentional friendly fire is forbidden...and then you tk me to prove what? BK should look at your actions and re-consider your membership.

Deleted......
Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:54 am
as for this im not going to comment other than to say that most BK use caps lock as their TS push to talk key...i know half the time my typed in game chat is in caps because of this

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:16 am
Perhaps getting on TS and dealing with the issue directly before a situation escalates would be the best way to handle this.  

People can sometimes read more than what is in a post on a forum.  Sorry you had a bad experience, but direct and immediate action tends to get a situation corrected.  Just my experience.

I've seen things from visiting non-BK members that are/were tolerated on the BK Servers that on any another server (including my own in the past) would have resulted in a permanent ban.  BK tends to give folks more than enough opportunities to either have fun, or get banned, period.  As the founder and server admin of two former clans (that at one time had the number one ranking on OGL), I can attest that sometimes visitors can be rude, ignore the rules as well as be basic pain in the butts.  That makes a BK member, who themselves are only wanting to play the game have to stop every 10 minutes and have to deal with it.    

I think this is an isolated incident that probably wont happen in the future and chalked up to a person may/or may not having bad day.  

Game on.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 am
Mad_Capper.....I think the best response to you is......silence

We have many rules in BK servers....players have many rights - the right to have fun, the right to be with your friends, the right to enjoy a racist, swear free server, and....for you my friend...I reserve another wonderful right....the right for you to play on any other server you want  - do us all a favor and exercise that right.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:34 am
600 other servers...

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:48 am
Reconsider my BK membership? Not going to happen. Yes there are at times issues that come up but for the most part everyone has a good time here. Capper if you don't like the way that BK servers are run (the very same BK servers I help to pay for) you are free to choose another server or better yet, start your own. Perhaps you could do better.

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:53 am
Let's get back on topic guys. Cappr if you have any complaints about our servers, how we run things, or our members, please contact Luke. Don't start a war on the forums please... it's hardly worth the trouble.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:07 am
I hope it's not me you're talkin aboot. I don't think I've been on server 2 in a long time..

Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:20 pm

-N30N- wrote (View Post):

I hope it's not me you're talkin aboot. I don't think I've been on server 2 in a long time..

No my friend, the guy i was speaking about had another part to his name, I dont recall it exactly, but it was a two word name : neon (something).  No worries friend!  Smile

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:25 am
Ok, Coo!!

I was worried someone was starting stuff aboot me again.. Smile