Yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:20 pm
Should we make COD4 the Demo of the Month?

You only have 4 days to respond.

Don't forget *BK*'s Birthday Party starts Friday!

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:30 pm
is ther a multiplayer demo yet?
iv tried the simgle player and im not that impressed

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:30 pm
is ther a multiplayer demo yet?
iv tried the simgle player and im not that impressed

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:57 am
I dont know if theres a multiplayer.  People should try out the single player though.  Will look and see if theres a multiplayer.

Grim what did you not like about it?  I know its hard to see what the maps are going to be like from that one single player amp.  But i got good hope for it and am gona buy the game so i can play it online.  And see what the maps are like and such.

*I came, I saw, I conquered!*
*BK* Member since 2004
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:23 am
never played it

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:36 pm
like destroyer said there isn't a multiplayer with this game just single player. Crisis I also played I think I like cod4 better but thats just the demo.  I just purchased the game for cod4

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:34 pm
I bought the game last night at 7pm. I stayed up until 1am I couldn't stop playing it.  Fast, furious, fun maps and loads of weapons. You also don't have to wait until you've logged 9000 hours to get an unlock.  You can earn mastery of each weapon which increases your chances to hit accurately, reload faster and so forth. Also there are "perks" Stopping power, run faster, extra health, etc. etc.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:32 am
I played the online version and grim said he would like a review they have:
TDM
DM
headquarters: its like trying to get to a certain place.
I can't remember what the other one was.  You plant a bomb and try to protect it so the other team can't defuse it.  You switch sides and try to defuse it.  A8 and destroyer chime in if you will.
 I thought single player was just as intense.  You do have to follow the story line on that but its not bad.  I f you played the demo thats what it is.

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:57 am
It's official *BK* will have a COD4 sever starting up soon. This is NOT a mandatory move its just a effort for us to support players who wish to play COD4. We will still be pushing in ARMA and offering greater support for BHD.

What I need to know is what would you like us to set the sever up as?

Brig.Gen.Luke*BK*C

Posted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:14 pm
Apparently there is a listing issue that is being worked on so sometimes servers don't show up in the listing
if this is the case you can join via ip

PORT :28960

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:40 am
to find the server via ip load you consol screen via the "~ key "  then type " connect and the ip+port

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:25 am
Any update on getting our sever to list?

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:09 am
hey grim did you ever figure out the server issue.  I tried again around 4 pm and it still times out.  A8 or destroyer if you want to try it and see if works for your guys.  Grim said he was going to hypernia could of been a server issue too unsure.  Grim I work nights right now form 6 P.M. to 6 A.M. this weekend but I will try to connect again on sunday.   Hey 8 and destroyer I got mvp on the 82ID server today I got a screen shot but could figure out how to post it on this website.  I think it was like 37 kills and ten deaths.  WOOT!  I will try to send it on x-fire

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:42 pm
iv had hypernia check it out and its confirmed that there is no problem with the server and has been tested by them logging in for 5 mins
there is the listing issue wich is not hypernais fault but the game developers
so if you dont see it you have to log in via ip

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:04 pm
some fixes that may help you with cod4 problems

Problem #1 : Call of Duty 4 Installation error 1305
Solution A : have your CoD4 replaced. It’s possible that your CoD4 disk is damaged.
Solution B : If you do have a legit cd key, and your dvd drive isn’t working for you. Download the torrent from btjunkie and use your cdkey to install it. Let me know if you need help on how to do it. (by Franjo)

Problem #2 : Connection to Server timed out on all Call of Duty 4 servers or no servers listed in the lobby.
Solution A : If you are on a router, Make sure that the ports that Call of Duty 4 uses are properly forwarded
Solution B : Make sure that your firewall is not blocking Call of Duty 4’s internet access

Problem #3 : Call of Duty 4 cannot connect to the master server (”waiting for master server”)

Workaround A : filter the results to display CoD4 servers http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=cod4 (suggested by Rizla)
Solution B: See solution to problem #2

Problem #4 : Installation gets stuck on iw_00.iwd
Solution : No known solution yet.

Problem #5 : Call of duty 4 punkbuster error on startup (”cant run punkbuster”)
Solution : Download the latest punkbuster from http://www.punkbuster.com/ (preferably the one for COD4). (as posted by UGH Hunter)

Problem #6 : iw3mp.exe error in Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer
Solution A : rename mssmp3.asi to mssmp3.bak.(from Elem3nt and franjo)
Solution B : From activision(do this only if Solution A doesnt fix it)

There are some issues running CoD 4 multiplayer on some onboard sound cards. If you have a RealTek(TM) onboard sound card and Windows(R) Vista you should try removing your sound card drivers and allow Windows Vista to install it’s default sound drivers. Please make note of the make and model of your sound card prior to removing it in order to aid in reinstallation at a later date.

To remove your sound card drivers do the following:

Open the control panel link from the start menu
Check the programs and features tool to see if your sound card drivers are listed here
If they are not open the system tool in the control panel
Click on the device manager task on the left
Locate your sound card in the list, it should be in the sound, video, and game controllers section
Right-click on the sound card name and select Uninstall.
If you have a Sigmatel® onboard sound card you will need to install all Windows® Vista updates, and the latest Sigmatel drivers from www.dell.com. Please navigate from the dell homepage to support, your make and model computer, and look for a sound card update.

If you are running the game from a secondary partition, download the latest BIOS updates from your motherboard manufacturer in addition to following the above instructions.

Problem #7 : Call of Duty 4 Error message “DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error”
Solution A : If you have Xfire installed, turn off Xfire (from franjo at CoD4forums.com)
Solution B : Update Xfire to the latest version, they may have already patched it.

Problem #8 : I downloaded Call of Duty 4 optimizer from an unknown dude and it didnt improve the performace of the game
Solution A : Uninstall it, scan your PC for viruses… you’ve just been keylogged.

Problem #9 : when i try to run the single player it tells me to “insert the correct DVD ROM”
Solution : instead of using the desktop shortcut, trying going through the start menu. (from franjo)
if you encountered a problem that is not listed above, please post them in the comments box at the bottom of this page.