MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

New Maps for WAW!

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:26 am
Hey BK,

I play on the servers and would love to see a BK Custom map server. The problem with modded servers is you can go into them and when you go back on a stock map server and all your kits are stripped. In extreme cases some folks lose there rank. That is why it is always good to back up your profile.

Ive played at 509th servers. Very fun to play custom maps. But I love playing on the BK Servers. While im not a financial contributor, I would love to see a third server for custom maps. Would be willing to put the money where my mouth is so to speak. With all your BK Members I couldnt imagine you having issues with some kind of population on it.

Rock on BK...

Tom-

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:30 pm
Mod servers are not nearly as active as non modded servers. Non BK will go to our servers and see a 5 to 10 minute wait before they can play then leave. Most people filter out mod servers. Many modes also cause issues when trying to go back to stock servers. Yes there are a few very popular modded servers but people who want to play that mod already have a server they play in and are not looking for a new one.

You can look at GW for this they had a fairly active server then started a modded one and active on their server died. Server raids are great ideas but we will not mod our servers. If you plan to go on raids please back up your profile it is not unheard of for modded server to wipe your account.

There is one other problem as we have seen with the beta for MOH many BK will be moving on to the new games. I do not believe that there will be enough BK to support a new W@W server. Especial since we are about a month from the new COD game. I expect to see many BK moving on to the new game. I know there will be a small group of BK that will stay with W@W but I do not believe it will be enough to support a new server. Also many of our guests will be moving on to a new game soon so I expect to see a huge drop in activity for W@W as a hole. The game is old and the time and money that it would take to support this would be better spent on MOH and COD BO where a majority of our members and guests will be in about a month or sooner.

With  that said I fully plan to support W@W with our main server for as long as there is good activity in the servers. We have no plans to turn them all off when the new COD BO game comes out.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:28 pm
Well, at least...
Can we put all the WaW maps in rotation on.....sever 2 ?

I mean... Breach, Banzai, Makin, seelow, cliffside (even courtyard from time to time) were cool maps but we dont play them very often.
Not at all actually.
For my part, i have to go on other's servers to play them...and i dont like being in exile.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:56 pm
It was just a thought that I posted about a server with custom maps. No disrespect intended.

My thought was...that the regular hardcore BK server users might like it. The server is already in their favorites. The new user typically has to be kicked because of running or foulmouthed behavior. Heck, some might even help pay for it. And it would only take your admins a very short time to convert it. All that's required is a new folder or two added to the server and user maps. A command line change to start the config in another folder and a tweaked config. You don't need a "MOD" to add custom maps to a server.

I would have to agree with your assessment though, that some of the far out mods are dangerous and some really bad ones out there are made by amateurs...but you don't need to add a mod to add custom maps.

From COD Utility: http://www.codutility.com/index.php?file=Forum&page=viewtopic&forum_id=13&thread_id=55
  "For those who want to run custom maps on a GameServer server. NO special mod is required, i.e., rifle only, sniper only, etc. This will let you run your server with custom maps. Any time you run something other than stock maps with no mods, you become an un-ranked server.. your level will start at level 1, and you rank-up and get challenges and perks as you level up. When you return to a stock/un-modded server, your rank will return to normal previously held. " From my experience you might have to go rename your load-outs from custom 1, custom 2 ect to what they were before...but your weapons remain the same. Its always a good idea to back up your profile anyway.

Deleted......
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:01 am
we know you dont need a special mod to run custom maps but you do need to run a mod, the mod it the only one that comes with the game but nether the less it requires a mod so with ranks are no good and we have not built the name in the modded section. also we have tried a modded server in the past and it was a failure

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:23 am

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:49 am
Rifledan if you listen to any of the past 3 all team meetings you will see an answer to your question and how we add extra maps in depending on server count.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:24 am
Luke, i have listen, or been,  to all past meetings and it was never question of "regular" rotation but "on demand, if there's admins, if players agree, etc"...
Hoping...that's it.
But, i asked that question, knowing in advance the answer.

We never know, maybe after the 399th times you will agree.

Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we?
Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we?
Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we?...
To be continued.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:39 pm
And...

Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we? Can we?...

Twisted Evil