Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Blk Ops PreOrder Sales to Set New Record

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:23 pm
GameStop says Treyarch-developed Call of Duty title outpacing last year’s Modern Warfare 2 figures, on its way to all-time record.

Last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was one of the most hugely successful games of all time. It raked in over $1 billion at retail, helped the franchise move 20 million downloadable content map packs, and continues to be a top-played game online. However, the next Call of Duty title, due out next month, might set new records.

GameStop's Black Ops preorder figures are huge.

According to GameStop, Call of Duty: Black Ops is poised to surpass Modern Warfare 2’s tallies and break the retailer’s all-time preorder record.

"GameStop is tracking to all-time, record reservations on Call of Duty: Black Ops,” said Bob McKenzie, senior vice president of merchandising at GameStop. “We are ahead of where we were with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 last year, which previously set the industry standard.”

Specific numbers were not provided, but GameStop’s comments echo the preorder assessment Pacific Crest analyst Evan Wilson made in July.

If preorders are indicative of total sales (and they often are), Black Ops will fall in line with Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick’s thought that each entry in the Call of Duty series will outperform its predecessor.

However, Wilson doesn’t think Black Ops will break Modern Warfare 2’s sales records. He has pegged Black Ops to sell 12 million units in the holiday season. Modern Warfare 2 moved 16 million in the same period.

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:19 pm
looking at what the game is going to feature, after watching most of the trailers showing the game play, customization and game modes, I have been weighing which game im going to play because im not buying both, after playing MOH, I lost interest really fast and was not to impressed with it, COD seems to peak my interest more and has alot of diffrent modes to mix it up if others get boring, with that said i believe it will be worth the wait to get this, plus I plan on buying the Vietnam pack for BF2 and play that as well.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:03 pm
LawMan, I am right with you.  I cannot afford nor have the desire to purchase more than one game a year.  I don't have "that" much free time on my hands.  Trying not to sound whiney but we all have to make choices and I figure that I would really rather focus and enjoy one game than play a whole bunch of different.  I don't have favorites in WAW, I like all the maps equally.  That is why we have like 10 different load outs.  I am all in for Black Ops and hope it is every bit as good as WAW.  I don't hope it is exactly like WAW, I just hope it is FUN.  I play online because it is FUN.  THat is it.  THat is all.  

God bless y'all and see you online.

Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:32 pm
I think I'll personally be going with CoD, I won't be getting MoH however, like CapZac stated, I lost interest pretty fast, at least with CoD there is tons of variety, and plus it has barebones which I'm most excited for, just you and your gun dueling it out, no perks, kill streaks....