Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Firearms of the CADFather

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:27 am

CADFather wrote (View Post):

Chief-USN wrote (View Post):

I have some extra Greek M2 non-corr in Eblocs to feed that garand..

Would you like to get rid of any of that "extra" Greek, Chief?

CAD

PM me...we can chat offline...

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:29 am
It's been a week since I added anything and I've got a few pistols ready to add to the post.  I'm going to start off with one of two 1849 Colt Pocket Pistols that I have, yes they are reproductions.  They are both in .31 caliber and are a heck of a lot of fun to shoot.  The first one is a CVA gun made by Armi San Marco in Italy, I also have the factory box and accessories that go with it, including the spare cylinder and an extra barrel without the loading lever.

The second is a Uberti and although the pistols appear to be identical you only have to cock the Uberti to see that it is a lot better made pistol than the ASM.  I don't have any of the accessories for this little gun nor the box as I got it from a fellow Civil War re-enactor when he left the hobby.  It is truly a joy to fire and I've entertained the idea of actually carrying it for self defense, if it were only a larger caliber than .31.  

Next is another black powder reproduction of a pistol that never was made, Remington never made a brass framed 1858 in any caliber, there were some knock offs made in the Confederacy such as the Spiller and Burr (Pics coming soon) but Remington never made one.  So this is a reproduction of a Remington 1858 Army with a brass frame, it's .44 caliber and although it has been fired I've never shot it, I would I just haven't.  I have shot my steel framed model and if it is any indication as to the type it should be a good shooter.  Although I only recommend shooting any brass framed weapon with a reduced charge to prevent the frame from stretching and possibly cracking.  I even did this with my Henry 1860 Rifle in .44 caliber (Which I no longer have)

Still in the realm of black powder is my next little gem, I'm kinda partial to it, this was the first pistol I ever assembled and did the finish work on myself, hey I was only 11 or 12 at the time.  This is put together from a Philadelphia Derringer kit from CVA back when they sent you a block of wood that was almost big enough to carve a stock from and a semi-functional lock.  I've had to re-finish the stock a few years ago, but I kept it the same light stain that I used when I was a pup.  I thik it really sets off the brown finish of the barrel and case hardening of the lock.  I've got it shown next to a factory made Phila. Derringer to show the contrast in color.  Both are reproductions and are each .45 caliber.

These aren't really copies of anything that was ever used by anyone, but they are fun little guns to plink around with.  They are called Snake Eyed Pistols, mine are both in .36 caliber, made from solid brass, sequentially serial numbered and heavier than a car battery.  OK, maybe they aren't really that heavy, but if you fired both shots from one and then both from the other, they would definitely make nice clubs.

Last one for tonight, this is my .22 Caliber Target Pistol, it's made by Stoeger Ind. and patterned after a High Standard Military Model complete with the inter-changeble barrel system.  This is the Pro Series 95, it comes in Stainless Steel with gold accents, complete with Pachmaur grips.  I've shot this one in competition and while I didn't win, I have to admit it was my fault and not the pistols.  It is capable of much better accuracy that I am.

As promised that's it for tonight, I'll get some more cleaned up and pictures made of them in the next few days.  I don't even know what is left after I sold most of them off after my bike accident in 2006, I was in no shape to check and see what was being sold.  Again this has been a lifelong obsession of mine and I was planning on keeping them to retire on, but life intervened and all I have to show for my life is what was left after it was picked through.  BTW, I'm still outta work, so if you know of anyone hiring anywhere in the states let me know, I am willing to travel if I can do more than just break even on the job.  More pics in the coming days.  See ya on the battlefield, but you won't see me, lol.

CAD

If you run, you will only die tired.
Ne Desit Virtus, Rakkassan (B Co. 1/187 Inf, 101st Abn Div.)

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:59 pm
Pretty sweet collection.  I wish I had the time and money to rebuild my full collection, I used to have a few peace keepers myself.  Thank you for sharing, Im jealous.