Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

video card issue?

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:52 pm
the past couple of days I have been haveing trouble playing cod waw. The first issue was  asylum was loading on server 2 and it said I had a diffrent version of the map and then it crashed saying direct 3 d device 9 failure. Thats when I lost all my lvls, I restarted the computor and then rolled back to last safe time when everything worked fine. I was able to get on and play. last night I had a issue on station where names and detail was missing. I restarted the computor again and was fine till asylum came up and  I crashed with no reason why. is it my card going bad, its only a little over a year old but I havent tryed to update the drivers for a couple of weeks.Could this be my issue. I could use some giudance

Thank you

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 pm
There could be a few issues:

1.   Have you loaded any new software, firewalls or updates of any kind since the last time your system was working correctly?

2.   If yes, try to uninstall anything new one by one until your system is back to normal.

3.   If no, then I would first try making sure you have all Microsoft updates, update the GFX driver see if that corrects the issue.

4.   If none of these apply then I would uninstall COD WAW include all map packs and reinstall, yes its a pain but you have to make sure you dont have any corruption in you packets.

5.   If reinstalling doesnt work, then you may have picked up a virus from somewhere and may need to re-image your system.

Aint computers fun.   Twisted Evil