Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Early Imprestions of COD Black Ops

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:38 am
Tet join us on ts maybesomeone can help you.

Luke

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:40 am
Per usual it's a great game. Much improved graphics and weapons and I'm impressed with the personnel custom create a class section. As for online play seems that the old x-ray and head shot cheats are still in action. I like your style of play on your servers, but for the life of me I don't understand why you warn and warn and warn people about what the rules are. They know the rules just KICK/BAN them for 24 hours. There's plenty of people that want to play on your servers and will gladly follow the rules. It's your server and your time stop wasting your breath and kick the people that don't adhere to the rules.

Kidzap

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:41 am
I got the game when it came out at midnight. Myself and several others were online and playing by about 12:30 that morning. Got to play for about 1/2 hour. After closing the game, I wondered why I had wasted the money on it as it was horribly laggy, buggy, and just terrible all in all. And the runners, cursing and all that was way bad, as there was no way to admin in the servers then. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. On a 1 to 10 scale I rated the game a 2 or 3.

But the game had just come out.

Now, after a few days and an update or two, and the admins doing all the hard work in the servers. the game has improved 300 % !!!!!
No kidding.......the difference is so vast now. The game play, map size, ability to build your own kits, kill streak spacing for perks, graphics, and game stability has all great improved so much !!
There are still issues that are being worked on by Treyarch  to improve the game and gameplay. So there are a few problems still out there.
All in all, after three days, I now rate this game at a high 8 out of possible 10.
The game is not perfect, but they did a great job on this one. It is well worth the money, fun to play, and is just a good time. And as time goes on, issues are resolved, the gameplay will only get better.
I say, if you don't have this game, get it !! As you are missing a fun time on the servers with the best people playing..................BK MEMBERS AND FRIENDS!!!!

Recommendation....................BUY COD BLACK OPS NOW!!!!

Vrai A La Fin

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:14 pm
I really like the game, a lot like WAW just updated.  I only have a couple of problems.  One big problem is the server browser, but this will be fixed soon, I hope.  The other thing I do not like is the auto spawn.  I liked it in WAW when you had to hit F to spawn, now its the count down then spawn.  The other really big thing is always being it Tet's sights, lol.  Tet you are a Natural Born Killer, go Tango.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:43 pm

UFANS wrote (View Post):

I really like the game, a lot like WAW just updated.  I only have a couple of problems.  One big problem is the server browser, but this will be fixed soon, I hope.  The other thing I do not like is the auto spawn.  I liked it in WAW when you had to hit F to spawn, now its the count down then spawn.  The other really big thing is always being it Tet's sights, lol.  Tet you are a Natural Born Killer, go Tango.

Just wait till I can actually stay connected for a decent amount of time. :D

And Luke, I've been up and down the Steam forums and over every random site I've seen.  I've tried everything that looked like it might work and so far nothing really has.  I'm constantly getting kicked for fun things like "this game is no longer available" or "the black ops servers are currently unavailable".  I almost always have to restart the game just to get some servers to show up again.  And even then it might sit at "connecting" for a few minutes without me even being able to hit the escape key to back out before it does anything.  I'm sure problems like these will be resolved in time, but right now it's enough to severely damage my calm.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:53 pm
Got to play for the second time last night (wife has been in Chicago...so I've had our 1 and 4 yr old sons to myself...whew).  Wasn't going to judge it from the release day.  Got the boys to bed early last night and jumped on for about an hour.  I really like the complexity of the maps.  Lots of boxes and unique angles.  Like Legion, really like the option of buying what I want, and skipping over what I don't.  It is going to be much more difficult to judge who is walking and who actually has sights up.  Speed isn't much of an indicator, as with the sub-machine guns, you can fly with sights up...lol...I hate to even murmur what it reminds me of. ;)

Loving it so far!

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:27 pm
I Think it is a better and more revised version of MW2...which isn't really a bad thing, I think they really improved on the kill streak balancing, you don't see too many people getting ridiculous scores because the kill streaks murk everyone, its just a really balanced game.

Pros
- I like the currency system
- kill streak balancing
- gameplay
- visuals
- customization

Cons
- SMG class a bit too strong, fast moving
- I don't like how each weapon is the same price, the higher the weapon is unlocked, the more it should cost IMO, I'm at level 32, and already don't know what to do with my cash.

I think that's about it, other than the lag, crashes and freezes, which I'm sure will get fixed in the near future, I don't really have to much to complain about.

8/10

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:06 pm
I also like it....but Hate the Lagg.....I'm waiting for a patch or something to come out for it to be fiexed.

By the way, I submitted a ticket with Activision about the lag...here is what they had to say: (Keep in mind, I sent them my Dxdiag as well)

Hello,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can take to remedy your issue.

- Try updating your video card driver to the latest update
- Try updating your sound card driver to the latest update
- Try to installing DirectX 9.0c on your computer
-Try troubleshooting your Internet connection

e sure that your computer is not behind a software or hardware firewall of any kind. This includes firewall's built into routers or other equipment, as well as programs like Zone Alarm, Black Ice, and the integrated firewall in Windows XP. Activision does not support the use of our games from behind a firewall. If it is not possible to disable the firewall you will need to open the ports for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Call of Duty: Black Ops transmits and receives network traffic on port 3074 (UDP and TCP). Additionally the Steam client transmits and receives network traffic on ports UDP: 27000-27015, 27015-27030 and TCP: 27014-27050. The exact details on opening a port is specific to your firewall. For more information check with the firewall documentation or manufacturer.

Another common cause of problems is a poorly configured router or connection sharing solution. If you are using a router, ICS, NAT or a software gateway you may have problems playing on the Internet. This is because the router may not be forwarding the correct information back to your machine. It may be possible to get around this problem using port forwarding or DMZ. You can find more information on configuring shared connections for multiplayer gaming at www.practicallynetworked.com. Please be aware that like a firewall we cannot actively support using shared connections to play online.

The most common cause of problems though is usually the simplest - an overburdened network stack. By default many computers have protocols the average person doesn't use; things like VPN or NDISWAN. You may want to contact your ISP to find out exactly which protocols you can safely remove. Often times network game problems are resolved by something as simple as removing unused adapters and protocols.

The problem may also be related to the status of your ISP or that of the server. Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet and the variable levels of traffic, it is impossible to completely eliminate this error. If you are having persistent problems you may wish to try a different server, or just wait and play a little while later.

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:08 pm
Ohh, by the way...I have everything updated...I don't think they looked at my dxdiag...and I told them it happens on all servers...but non the less....still like the game

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:35 pm
I've been waiting for them to fix the lag before I posted, and they did! So here's my 2 cents.

Great game.

Thankyou bye now

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:31 am
24 hours and still working out the bugs.  I can not get the game to play without it crashing...Worst experience ever with a game...

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:00 am
I like the single player much more than MOH or BC2. Very W@Wish and I like that alot. Tonight was the first time I hooked up with three friends in ventrilo. We played about 5 hrs with NO lag or connection issues. Two of us are in Dallas and the other two are in Kentucky and South Carolina. They got the steam friends thing down pat and I am glad. Your servers were full but we found three more crouch servers. Good times. It definitely has a MW2 feel/ look to it but it is much more enjoyable. I still think BC2 is a better game though.  The new map packs and Vietnam expansion offers me the type of game I long for since the BF2 days.(large maps/ armor/ air power)

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:17 am
All is working fine for me now.  Sadly BO's netcode doesn't play nice with my new router.  I figured this out and am now using an old piece of junk by 2wire, but it's working great for the time being.  Played all night without a single disconnect.

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:39 pm
got black ops for my birthday....tks daughter!!  lol.
Got to echo all the above points, apart fromn the "disconnect" business, never suffered with it, and, touch wood, i won't.
HOWEVER, why, oh why, oh why have we gone back to such a low number of players in a server as in MW2?? And WHY can I only see 2 Polite&Friendly servers? The "server thing" I take it. Its also a bit naughty not allowing connection via I/P......Throwback to Consoleness, maybe??
I can probably get used to the new spawn method...at least it stops me from waiting to respawn to see if anyone trips over my Betties   Laughing  
Its as though someone has tried to take all the good stuff about WaW ( YAY for WaW) and combine it with MW2.
Don't get me wrong, i love the maps, the weapons SEEM to be balanced about right, i even like "buying" the upgrades I want...AKA CSS.
The browser select thing SHOULD be corrected in the first (of many?? hopefully not!) patches so all the forums say.
I have to say tho, I am now TERRIFIED of remote-controlled cars !!!!  Very Happy

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:48 am

sc0rpius wrote (View Post):

I have to say tho, I am now TERRIFIED of remote-controlled cars !!!!  Very Happy

LOL! That's EXACTLY how I feel! I got one out of a crate for the first time today and I had no idea how to drive it. I ended up running it into a wall.

I agree with the comment that it's a lot like WAW - which is nice since I don't feel like I have any learning curve (other than remote control cars!). If you play both MW2 and WAW - everything should be completely familiar. The perks are basically the same but named differently (I can still run deep penetration, cold-blooded, and second chance). The maps are really, really beautifully designed. It's nice to have such a wide array of environments.

I really love your servers - I like that the game is slowed down with the crouch style - and when you play with BK clan members - they really cooperate with you as a team. I so appreciate that you are running 3 of these. My only complaint about the game is that there is an 18 player limit. The more the merrier. I also like that anyone who curses or gets obnoxious gets kicked. Thank you!