Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

Updated Rules for Black Ops Servers

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 pm
Black Ops Server Rules

Please crouch when moving. You may stand when firing or when looking over an object. BUT you must not move when standing to fire.

Rule 1 - Running when under fire only.
Running is only allowed when you are under fire. If you`re being shot at, or if a grenade lands at your feet, then you can certainly run for cover.

Running that is not allowed
Running and gunning! If you encounter a player you`re not allowed to run at them with your weapon firing. You may not run to jump over a gap in the map.

Rule 2 - No Bunny Hopping!
This rule is to help promote server realism. Bunny hopping to avoid fire represents one thing you can do in a video game that you would not do under normal circumstances in wartime. You would not REPEATEDLY jump when under fire or around a blind corner.

Rule 3 - Team kills
As you already know friendly fire is enabled on our server. Once you team kill two people you are forced to sit out for 30 seconds as a penalty. You don`t have to apologize for the team kill but we would like you to. Intentional team killing will result in a 90 minute kick from the server. Name calling because you where team killed WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Rule 4 - Swearing, Racism, and Disrespectful comments
We have a ZERO tolerance policy for racism on our game server and our Teamspeak server. You will be kicked after two warning for swearing when the swearing is not directed toward a member, server, or team. Swearing and disrespectful comments towards any player (guest, -BK-, [DD]) will result in a kick/ban with the length differing depending on the severity. Racism is a permanent ban.

-Camping is allowed on our server. -We allow ALL weapons and perks on our servers.

Last edited by Luke on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:07 pm
Any clarification on standing and moving sighted around a corner?

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:27 pm
Please crouch when moving.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:25 am
What if you are standing but sighted and moving? Is that still allowed? That is how we used to play on the World At War servers.
Like you cannot be sighted and running ever.
I want to know what the rule is on standing, walking but using sights while doing so.

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:44 am
We no longer allow walking sighted. In Black Ops it looks to similar to running.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:37 am
Does that mean no pistol walkers!!

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:05 am
Correct, no pistol walking. No walking of any kind really.

You can stand sighted (ie, looking over a wall, or window) and if you need to shuffle a step or two left or right to leverage your position, you're good.
Standing sighted and leaning around a corner, you're good.
Standing sighted and continually shuffling around a corner until you're basically moving towards a new location is not, crouch if you're going to do that.

All in all guys, remember we're trying to keep people from moving around the map at a high rate of speed.

You are still good to run to avoid fire, or dodge a nade.

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 pm
I so love your crouch rule, it is the main reason I wish to join you guys, once you get to know this OLD man you will have fun. lol

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm
You would have to be in your 70s MoneyMan to be called a pld man around here.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:14 pm
These are the rules please follow them.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:31 pm
Duly Noted & Thanks Luke!

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:30 pm
Can we run from the rcxd?? I think this has been brought up before but I just wanted to clarify. Seems kinda unfair if you can't . Like I'm just supposed to sit there if I see the RC coming at me and let it blow me up. The RC is pretty fast anyways so it's not like it would be unfair to the RC controller.  Can we run inside for cover from carpet bombs, napalm, etc. Again, unfair if you can't. Especially if your in a wide open area. If was in real combat I wouldnt just take my sweet time "crouch walking" to find cover if a chopper was shooting at me. I love all the other crouch rules , just sometimes it seems silly in certain situations like I mentioned above. Thanks!!

DemonSeed *BK*

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:31 pm
Thanks so much for all you do!  Great rules to follow!

"You should laugh once a day, because laughter is like sunshine, and a day without sunshine is like.............NIGHT!
Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 pm
Just because a chopper is in the air dose not allow you to run. You can not out run a rcxd so just turn and shoot it.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 pm
Ok about the RC . Seriously though, can't run to cover from a chopper that is shooting at me, isn't that direct fire? Bullets are flying at me and I'm just supposed to take it and give the chopper gunner free unfair kills. I know I can shoot it down which is what I try to do most of the time. Sometimes though I don't have a launcher equipped. And what about the carpet bombs?? Might as well just take my hands away from the keyboard and mouse and do nothing?? You should allow someone the chance to get to cover by running if possible. This gets ridiculous especially on nuketown. Your pretty much screwed if your out in the open. Unfair and no fun for the players getting spawn killed over and over.