Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Now.....

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:05 pm
.....running has moved to NOW! with BK admin there, I left after being killed 4 times by run and gun players. Crouch server used to be fun, but not anymore. Those kids have NO DISCIPLINE! and could less about the crouch only rule.

In case your wondering....YEP! I'M PISSED at the BEST SERVER ON THE GAMING NET.
 Evil or Very Mad

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Nam-Ranger, with BK now adminning 9 servers - 1 Medal of Honor, 1 Battlefield Bad Company 2, 2 World at War, and 5 Black Ops - it has spread our admins and our players out thin at times.  I hopped on last night at 3 AM, and chaos was reigning on one of our Black Ops servers, but within less than two maps, I had everyone who survived the kicks crouching and behaving themselves.

All that to say, it is still gonna take sometime for us to weed out the pure run and gun players from those who already or are learning to appreciate the crouch more thoughtful approach to Black Ops.

Be patient, my friend.  I know you as a loyal BK server user, and it actually gets better each day, even though there will be times of run-and-gun flare ups.  Kinda like hemorrhoids if you get my drift!

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:30 pm
Thanks PD you know I'll be back, as a matter of fact headed that way now......

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:46 pm
Please also remember there are times when only one or two admins are available for ALL our servers.  It can be very stressful but we do our best to take care of things.

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:47 pm
I'd also like to thank the players who take a bullet in order to issue those warnings and communicate names to admins. With sometime no time between death and spawn, typing warnings often leads to becoming an easy kill.

I was admin'ing last night as well - handed things over to PastorDan (much thanks for coming on late) - and I can tell you that things go in waves. Very calm for a while then a wave of run-n-gunners seem to show up. It's really important to warn runners as quickly as possible and get them removed if they keep going - the longer they do it the more likely others will think it's OK (or if they know better, they get frustrated).

Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:54 pm
Another think I have noticed is some players that are well aware of the rules will run when no BK members are in the area on the map then crouch when they see us or we catch them. But it has gotten better since the game first came out.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:44 pm

WolfFang wrote (View Post):

Another think I have noticed is some players that are well aware of the rules will run when no BK members are in the area on the map then crouch when they see us or we catch them. But it has gotten better since the game first came out.

This will never stop.  You still see it in World At War.  Just warn them as usual.

Edit:  Nam, you and I don't always see things eye to eye, but I can tell you one thing.  I have never had a problem respecting your warnings to runners and following up on them as needed.

Something I think a lot of the newer member aren't aware of.  Everybody can warn runners.  You don't have to be an admin or even a member of BK.  So you don't need to call for warnings on runners if you are able to do it yourself.  That helps us clear up TS chatter a little.  There are players who have been on our servers for a while without being members whom I trust enough to listen to when it comes to warnings.

Running our Crouch servers is hard work and can be very trying at times.  It is a huge help when our regulars who aren't members lend a hand when issuing warnings and I thank all of them for that.