Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Fireteam logos so far...

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:08 pm
Ok guys I had wanted to do something with these "Skulls" I had for the fireteams (Each would be different)..

Luke wanted something more "classy"(and he requested this coin style mine was orignally ALOT like the current ones except better) so I have now done this.I'm still not sure if this is going to be the final fireteam logos BUT I thought I'd "Show the masses" what we are working on anyway,Your input as always is appreciated and considered...

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:12 am
hmm i like.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 am

Totenkof wrote (View Post):

hmm i like.

THX Toten!..These were actually a bit of work....lol!...I think they turned out OK tho. Wink

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 am
Can Charlie have the one on top? Cuz I really like the one on top.  Did I mention that the one on top is really cool.  Ya I want the one on top.

KTHXBYE!

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:57 am

Braxis wrote (View Post):

Can Charlie have the one on top? Cuz I really like the one on top. Did I mention that the one on top is really cool. Ya I want the one on top.

KTHXBYE!

LOL!..Do you mean the skull one bro??I actually have skull ones for all fireteams (3 different skulls) I don't think Luke likes those tho..I was just trying to show my original intentions and what they are now(with direction from above)...I wanted to give some perspective...I think whatever is more popular would prolly be better store wise tho...hmm...maybe I should at least show the other "Skull logos" and get some input on those for a "coin" as well.
Well keep the input comming in!!

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:17 am
My thoughts.

I'm not terribly fond of the same image being used for the different teams and colors being the only difference. I'd like, if possible, to give each fire team its own personality and mascot. At the very least I would like to see the same mascot being done differently for the fire teams. Otherwise why go through all this trouble? Why not a giant A for Alpha, B for Bravo, C for Charlie Z for zulu (stylized of course). It'd basicly be the same in my book. Boring, similar, bland.

Next is the coins. Coin motif's can be pretty cool, but if we do them we probably shouldn't have the coins be perfect. Perhaps each _coin_ can be the personality of the Fire Team. One that is half missing, one with a bullet hole in it, one that is all shiny and new, one that is flipped over to reveal the other side of the coin.

As previously mentioned by McGintoy, the words are bit hard to read. They're too shiny and glossy.

Here are the webpages for the USA Nickel and Dime
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/circulatingCoins/index.cfm?action=CircNickel
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/circulatingCoins/index.cfm?action=CircDime

Things I'd like to point out in reference to those.

The words are clear and don't change in color or shininess as they go across the coin. That's a nifty effect that real light does on a coin, but those images look good enough without the distortion.

Theme. There is a clear theme on the front. In this case, famous USA people. Presidents in fact. We could replace that with Eagles, or squad leaders, or our current leaders, or olives. But even within a theme, the images aren't all the same. One is looking at you, one is turned to the side, one is turned to the otherside... so on. Word locations are also different on them.

Finally, the reverse sides of those coins may not be a bad starting point. While everyone remember coins from their faces (Jefferson, FDR, Kennedy) the back of each of the coins is also unique, and pretty cool. They tend to have important things on them, like the White House, or torches + olive branches + whatnot for the meaning that is given. If you go this route, I'd incorporate the new Bad Karma Logo image/meaningful images that make it up into the coin. That way we'd have clear coherence throughout all our images.

These are, of course, just my opinions and observations. Do not take it to mean this is what needs or should be done, just what I personally see.

I would also like to note that I really like the work done, and I like the skull coin. I wouldn't mind one team being the skull, one being the eagle, and one being something else (and so on). They look good, the hard work is clearly seen in them, and I would love to see how these turn out in the end.

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:47 pm
Good input Dayerus!..I need more input tho...

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 am
well, I agree with Daykerus that I would like to see more variation between the Squads.  The emblems are supposed to be so we can easily identify who is in which squad.  

Also, what is un-classy about a skull?  I have known many skeletons in my time, and they are all very upstanding and hip individuals; one could even go so far as to say that they are the epitome of classy... Very Happy

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:17 pm
OK...I've done the "Classy" ones I have decided I am going to do the skulls for each team as well..then I am going to let the "Higher ups" choose what they want.
It's a little more work than I would like ideally BUT its OK. Wink

Chilling and Killing....

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:40 pm
OMG Seattle. how long did it take to make those awsome logos

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Hoykun wrote (View Post):

OMG Seattle. how long did it take to make those awsome logos

THX for saying they are awesome bro Wink ..it took longer than I would like...I guess I have a couple hours in on this project total including renders and all...I have prolly another hour or so to make two more of the "Skull coins" then I am calling this a wrap.(Its obviously cutting into my CODWAW skillz I can recall at LEAST 2 maps last night that when they were over..I was NOT on top of the "KILLS CHART")...Thats unacceptable!! Evil or Very Mad

Chilling and Killing....