Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Activision Customer Support

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 pm
after a month activion has replyed  

Response (Dov Carson) - 12/19/2010 11:54 AM
Hello, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with our product. We are currently looking into any reported issues from users that are still experiencing issues with the game. As an avid player of the PC version myself, I can assure you that as much as we are aware that users are experiencing issues, in every situation there has been a solution as the problems being reported are not "global" and by that I mean that every single player is not experiencing the same reported issues.
By no means am I trying to indicate that users are not experiencing issues as I have no doubt that you are seeing what you are seeing, however there should be a solution that will work for you. A few things that many users have had in common is that when numerous faults are shown in the "Windows Error reporting", the users have reinstalled Windows and they reported their problems where resolved for the game and other applications. This would indicate Windows system files playing as much a roll as any drivers or game settings.

As owes lots of help Very Happy

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:51 pm
Rofl, yea, that's pretty standard...  you may have more luck browsing the steam or try-arch forums. I have found many solutions to issues on the steam forums, as I run all of my games through steam (this sometimes manifests steam-specific gremlins).

FYI, going to the producers site is usually the least helpful. If you want solutions, try the devs (tryarch in this case.) Or if its a digital distribution, try the distributors forums (steam).

Activision has nothing to do with glitch resolution, they only deal with defects with the physical disc they produced, or in a limited way, installing the game on your system.

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm
I grabbed a compiled list of possible solutions off the Steam forums for nam ranger.  You can see it here.  http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=57251#57251

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 pm
Im hoping you all are aware that you can turn on crashdumps for this game.

This is a must if you want the PC Team to look into your problems. Always give them your nfo,dxdiag,etc unless they ask you to send one another after system changes.

I couldnt post in the codbo forums since theirs been website issues with posting and all so i couldnt bump this thread alot.
http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=322117&sid=3skkkoqas465ktebuqkg1ildp7

There was a minidump sticky promised but it was last mentioned back on the nov 23rd on pcdevs twitter.

Basically what it says

Hidden: 
To get minidumps you will have to right click on your CoDBlackOps game in steam library, click properties, click launch options> type in minidump (do not put in a minus)

Everytime your game crashes, a minidump error message pops up, you will need to click on yes. (Recommended if in window mode)

To find the DMP files which are dump files.

Open Steam Folder>steamapps>common>call of duty black ops> and then they should look something like this BlackOpsMP.exe.CODPCAB-V64 CEG.#31...

Who do i send this to? Just collect these dump files, once JD makes a sticky thread you can send it to whichever he wants you to send to.

This should be done if you have "Fatal Errors" but any other errors will be good as well.

Blackhawk[DD]
www.dancomdelta.org