MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

steam 12 days of christmas sales

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 pm
steam have 12 days of christman sales

some items are on the whole 12 days and others are only on for one day so keep you eye on it

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:11 am
the daily deals are insane, I've bought BC2 for less than 7$ and portal for less than 3$.

I think the daily deals change every day around 10 am PST

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 am
Questions :

1. When i buy a game on steam, can i copie the files(game) on a dvd ?
2. Is it easy to transfer the games from a pc to another ( cause i will buy a new pc but, i plan to buy it in january-february so, the steam deals will be over.)

thx for future replies guys.

I dont know how steam works so....
Its new for me.

over.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:59 am
steam negates the need for CD/DVD's all together.  when you login to steam, it brings you to your "Games" page (this is one of the tabs at the top).  you can download these games onto any computer that you install steam on. the catch is that only one steam login of a particular account can be active at any one time.

there is no limit to the number of times that you can download games, and you can install and uninstall them at your whims. There are a couple of exceptions to this, for instance any new game made by ubisoft, i think there is a 5 install DRM limiter, but this is a whole different can of worms.

Point is, any game that you buy and install through steam will stay with you as long as you keep your account.  I have 70 games bought through steam, I've been using them since the service came out (i was a beta tester for the original system, 7 or 8 years ago).  In that time i have had 3 different computers, and have never lost a game or had an issue with steam itself.

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:30 am

RifleDan wrote (View Post):

Questions :

1. When i buy a game on steam, can i copie the files(game) on a dvd ?
2. Is it easy to transfer the games from a pc to another ( cause i will buy a new pc but, i plan to buy it in january-february so, the steam deals will be over.)

thx for future replies guys.

I dont know how steam works so....
Its new for me.

over.

1. I'm sure you can but there's not really any point unless you want to install the game on a computer that will never have an internet connection, I will further explain in the answer to question 2.

2. Steam is a program that you can log on to from any PC, any where, any time. It holds your entire library of games (ones that you purchased through steam) and you can access them on any computer that has steam installed.

For example, In my steam account, I bought BC2, Black Ops, L4D2, Half Life 2 and Portal, which I can access from my desktop, my laptop, my friends computer, even computers at school.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:47 pm
Thx guys.

Im on my way to create an account right now.

Thx again

over.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:20 pm
Just to make sure i understand right.

If i buy any games on steam, it just put the game in my account and i dont have to download it right away... Am i right ?
Does the game patch itself even if it is not downloaded on my Pc and still sleeping in my account ?

Probably other questions to come.... hihihihihi ! Rolling Eyes

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 pm
you are correct, you do not have to DL any game as soon as you get it.  I have the expansion for Dawn of War 2 thats been in my account for a year, never installed it yet...

Steam will modify the files to be downloaded, so at any point in time, if you DL a game, you will be getting the fully updated/patched version.

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:06 pm
Thx Braxis

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:22 pm
some standout deals today (december 22) include Just cause 2 (7.50), Aliens vs Predators (5.00) and Day of Defeat Source (2.50) all three titles are 75% off, I bought Just Cause 2, I played the demo on the PS3 and the graphics are stunning and its pretty fun as well.