Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm
Luke View latest post

What i think CoD or another shooter needs

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:49 pm
I think in CoD you should be able to choose from a list of bullet types.

Here is an example:

[Watch On YouTube]

Also i think with the new Modern Warfare they should add allllllot of different weapons especially pistols.

An example i can give for the bullet types they could add for Pistols is what Magnum Research does. They sell you a pistol with a kit to change out your barrels to use 50AE, .44 or .357 caliber.

Now the difference you would see after the weapons are selected is similar to the stats for the main weapons. Gaining something or losing something like range or accuracy.  and obviously you would have to unlock these new rounds and silencers for these weapons the same way you would with normal guns.

Also some new gun sights would be nice.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:06 pm
yea I agree with you viper, but in a way they already do have different bullet types, just kinda unrealisticly, for instance the perk stopping power, could be hollow tipped bullets, and the perk deep impact could be h.e. bullets.

some more things i think they should do:

- is make it possible to add custom maps and mods to a ranked server, much like it was in cod2.

- make it when you join a team, you can only use weapons available to that particular team in real life, again like in cod2.

Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:09 pm
yes, ammo swapping would be awesome.  the main problem is that most people are not aware that there are any different types of ammo, or that supressors really aren't that quiet.  the vid gives a good comparison, but even the supersonic is very muted on camera.  see it in real-life and you will be amazed how badly hollywood has done it...

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:42 am
Yeah I want Viper homing bullets

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:46 am
I would like to see real flying time for the bullets, That would be very realistic

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:48 am
I'll agree with you on the bullet types Viper, but there's one more thing that I've always also thought would be an interesting idea: different protection grades - be they additional pieces (such as helmets/shin plates/etc.), or better types of armor (standard issue vest versus, say, Dragon's Skin). It would add a lot more variation in my opinion, and would help balance out ammo types; I remember, S.T.A.L.K.E.R: SoC did this slightly (ex. 5.56 A.P rounds had better penetration but less stopping power). In general, I think it would just add a whole new level of tactics to gameplay and would be refreshing to see.

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:57 pm
Red Storm Entertainment attempted the ideas you describe about bullet selection and armor selection in their games Rainbow 6 Raven Shield and Vegas Series.

What I'd like see happen is any FPS change the fact that a pistol, no matter the manufacturer make it so it doesn't out damage an assault weapon or rifle.  Too many times have I seen the pistol take someone out from half of the map or further.  This type of scenario makes one think pistols are better than any other weapon with better range.

I too would like to see more choices.

Also, the graphs about accuracy and range and other details seem inaccurate.