Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

Maverick's entry looking for CC

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 am
Been a long time since I last did one of these, CC would be nice and be honest please. Thanks

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 am
dint no whose that was......had i been able to vote id picked this one...very nice

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:44 am
You had my vote. Great job man.  (yours was good to DH1  Laughing )

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:23 am
This one was awesome!!! Cool

Locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver......
7th Engineers "C" CO.1stFSSG Camp Pendleton..ONCE..ALWAYS 86-92
Alpha Company 2nd BN 151st INF ARNG Indiana 11-15
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 am
this is the one i voted for. I like basically everything about it.

But seeing as you want a critique, i would say that the only thing i am not satisfied with is the blurring on the red knight in the foreground.  He's blurred so much that it takes a moment to realize that it is actually a person and not a hill or something that the orc is climbing over.  I get that the blurring gets progressively more pronounced as you go out from the orc's face, but maybe back the intensity of a bit?

Its better to see a good render tastefully blended and blurred than a blurred-out image that hints at having been a good render once.  

This is just my opinion, and as i have not jumped into the crucible of public critique (i am too much of a perfectionist to ever "finish" any of my works), feel free to completely disregard everything I say.   Wink

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 am

Braxis wrote (View Post):

this is the one i voted for. I like basically everything about it.

But seeing as you want a critique, i would say that the only thing i am not satisfied with is the blurring on the red knight in the foreground.  He's blurred so much that it takes a moment to realize that it is actually a person and not a hill or something that the orc is climbing over.  I get that the blurring gets progressively more pronounced as you go out from the orc's face, but maybe back the intensity of a bit?

Its better to see a good render tastefully blended and blurred than a blurred-out image that hints at having been a good render once.  

This is just my opinion, and as i have not jumped into the crucible of public critique (i am too much of a perfectionist to ever "finish" any of my works), feel free to completely disregard everything I say.   Wink

SSG.Braxis*BK*

Thank you sir for your thoughts. I should have done more splatter work I was trying to go for a look of "like sand in the wind. I did not want the Knight to be the focus point for this piece that is why less of him is seen. Very little blur was done here I did more smugging than blurring here. I will try an tweak this one a bit more when I find the time. Once again thank you for your thoughts ALL

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:30 pm
Maver1ck I would say that time has not dulled your skills much.  Very nice work!

To address Braxis's concerns, make a copy of the layer with the knight and then blur it, then erase all that you don't want.  Make the edges fuzzy but keep the sharp edges where you want them.  Works for me anyway.

Very nice work though!

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:28 pm
Playing around with it a bit more not sure I like it now may start over let me know what you think thaks

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:28 pm
Remove a little smudging from the original red knight and its 100% from me, down to personal preference and other than that I can't fault it.

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:25 pm
Remove the giant black border, and remove that second image of the orc that's right on top of the original.

Other than that great job. It's a hard render to work with.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________