Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

sound and mike problems

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:03 am
Hi BK Friends......I'm hoping somebody can help me with my sound issues.
When I first applied for membership I was running Win XP Pro 32-bit. I was able to speak and hear chat on TS3 without any problems.
At the time I was using my sons Logitech headset.
About a month ago I updated my OS to Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit,upgraded to 8 gigs of ram and bought Plantronics GameCom headset.
Since there upgrades I cannot get the mike to work. Following my sons advice I made changes to the sound settings(unfortunately I
don't remember what the initial settings were) and now I still cannot get the mike to work-nor can I hear game sounds at all.
We tried using his Logitech headset but haven't been able to fix this problem. Through my default speakers I can hear TS3 just fine,
but still have no game sound. I tried to reset the puter sound settings to default but haven't had any change. Starngly,I get fine sound
from other websites(pogo and such),cds dvds etc. HELP!!!!!

Thanks much ...jablon51
jablon51 [at] gmail [dot] com

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:18 am
i will be on ts and we can type back and forth on saturday about 5 pm and see if i can help or can even take control of ur computer to resolve ur issue
srry cant do sooner i work long hours

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 pm
Or you can try to ask Hawkeye.....lol...sorry Ted, had to jump in on this....

on the lower right hand corner of your computer, next to your time. (System Tray) look for a little speaker icon, rifht click on it and choose Playback Devices. Set the default to what you want it to be. Also, right click on the speaker and choose volume mixer, raise the sound levels up as well....

You could also go to START>>>>CONTROL PANEL>>>>SOUND>>>>and change things here too. This way is a little easier. You can configure your speakers/headset here. I say speakers, cause mine says speakers, but in little print, it shows it's my Logitech G930 Head set.

Hope this helps

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 am
I've tried ab many setting as I can find,but there hasn't been any improvement.
Everything went south after I upgraded from Win XP Pro 32-bit to Win 7 home premium 64-bit.

I can hear you folks talking on TS3  Blk Ops server 1,I have sound on ALL other apps
but no game sound on Blk Ops. Can this be caused by upgrading to a 64-bit OS?

This morning I completely wiped out Steam,Blk Ops and TS3 and re-installed them all
fresh. I had game sound for a while,shut down for dinner,came back and lost ALL game sound.
Still have sound on all other apps,even had sound on single-player.

Also,I've never gotten my head set mike to work since going to 64-bit.

Was trying to find Ted100 thsi evening but couldn't find you in TS3.

Ted,Hawkeye try getting me via email  jablon51@gmail.com...since we're located all over the country
perhaps I've missed you guys due to time differences.

Thanks all...jablon51

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:35 pm
Hey, I sent you an email....it's from mnrrengr [at] gmail [dot] com ...

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:49 am
Couple things to check out. One is what Hawkeye mentioned on the sound and mike levels. Also note that you can select a default speakers and default communication device in Win 7. Next in TS - settings-options then playback and recording device check the top drop down list on the right. Try direct sound instead of automatic. Also make sure you have the headset selected for both playback and record. Here is another thing about Win 7 that I found out, most programs require you to run it as admin to function correctly. One other thing to check out is to make sure your headset has been set up and the drivers are up to date. Hope this helps out.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm
Any luck with this issue? I haven't gotten a reply in my inbox yet...