Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

AT&T-Mobile

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 am
So i currently am a T-Mobile customer.  They have unmatched customer service, and i really never EVER have an issue with thier service(unless of course theres no coverage).  I used to have Cingular, which AT&T swallowed up years ago.  Then i switched to Sprint.  They were decent, but not on par service-wise, price-wise nor coverage wise.

First and foremost, i dont like Apple.  Im a PC, not a Mac.  I begrudgingly installed iTunes on my PC to listen to our podcasts(now i just direct DL them) and i felt dirty all over.  I also dont have Quicktime(which proves to be more of a hassle in then endgame).

So who here is scared by this merger?  I am.  That means basically its going to be AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint.  Not much competition out there anymore.  Im really sad im going to lose my excellent customer service.  I personally dont care about being able to get the iPhone.  Yes its sweet, but id rather go Android.  I currently have Blackberry and its meh, unless you really need super organized calender and email sync(which im sure theres an app for that on the other providers).

Whats everyones 2 cents?  Good or bad for the consumer?

Heres a good article on how its not going to be good.
AT&T-Mobile Merger

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:58 am
AT&T is the Anti-Christ ......

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:24 pm
well its going to be a while before the merger takes place.  The FTC has to approve to make sure that is doesn't violate any laws as far as eleminateing the compition so to speak.  I also heard that 3G phones will be obsolete when AT&T takes over.  So I would imagine that it will be several years before it takes place

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm
I honestly think the merger is a good idea.  Im with AT&T right now and even thought Im a PC person, I have an iPhone and cant see myself trading it for anything.  Yes I can see some bad things if the merger goes through, price increases for T-Mobile users but the Pros out way the cons at least in the Northern Colorado area.  With both providers giving signal to its users it will make the organization stronger.

On a side note, with all this talk of AT&T merging with T-Mobile, no one is noticing that Verizon is talking about merging with Sprint.  Why isnt that as big of news and AT&T and T-Mobile?

So thats my two cent, Im sure thats enought o stir the pot alittle.  Very Happy

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 pm
I wish Sprint would buy TMobile and make a strong 3 way race. I think the competition would have been good for everyone. Now I worry about a 2 way race between ATT and Verizion where they are not challenged by good national low price networks. (With that said I love Verizion)

GOA.Luke*BK*

Last edited by Luke on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm
If anything i would assume that either Sprint isnt useful for Verizon at the moment.  The main thing about the AT&T-Mobile merger is they both use GSM signal towers, so from what i understand its going to be like as easy as 'plug and play'.  No need to build.

Also Verizon doesnt need to acquire Sprint.  They will only be a few tens of thousands behind AT&T(customer wise).  Maybe they are waiting to see how the merger goes, and how many T-Mo customers leave, in spite of AT&T.  I was watching Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert last night on comedy central.com and they have T-Mo comercials about 4g and then they have the AT&T dude and how hes a baddie.  Guess their PR department will have to make some new ones huh?

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:41 pm
You are correct about AT&T-Mobile being GSM technology, but Verizon and Sprint are using the same communication signal.  Verizon is TDMA and Sprint is CDMA.  Both are on the same band, and wouldnt take much to convert the two signals together.  Just like when Sprint bought out Qwest wireless.