Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Is this a hack or some kind of one man army unlock?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:33 pm
I thought there were a few fishy kills by a player on the Chicago server today, so I checked the movie and observed him start a life firing off a sub machinegun, then switch to a pistol, and yet again to a light machine gun (an M60, I think).  Is this an equipment kit hack, or just a prestige perk or unlock that I'm not aware of?  I don't want to report anyone for hacking if there wasn't a hack.  If it's a hack, I'll post the clip.  Thanks.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:44 pm
check it again, to make sure he didnt pick it up off the ground. sometimes you can grab them when they are a fair bit away from you.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:47 pm

Braxis wrote (View Post):

check it again, to make sure he didnt pick it up off the ground. sometimes you can grab them when they are a fair bit away from you.

No that didn't seem to be the case to me, and have another clip from the same game where he was switching between the smg with grip and lmg with red dot.  So, that would be a hack?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:08 pm
well there is no one man army unlock...and idk but having a hack that gives you that seems kinda    hmmmmmmm   stupid!!..ive never ever heard or seen a hack like that,and i know alot of people including myself that try to keep up with what hackers are dishing out.. you cant even use a hack in blackops without steam or valve picking up on it unless you are willing to pay boku money...i myself have only seen a small few since i started playing the game...and the occasional accusation of being a hacker directed at me lol...ill ask around and do some research..and get back to this post

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:52 pm
Just remember the played does not always accurately depict what the player sees and does. I would guess be pickuped the weapons and it just not in the play back.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:30 pm
Are you sure this wasn't dual weapons or a pick-up?

I was over a dead body in one game and switched between the Commando and my Galil - several times shooting out a window. I can only imagine if you saw me playing you would think I had both weapons, when I was really switching between picking one up off the ground. The graphic is the same between picking it up and switching weapons.

I don't use the weapon overlord perk (I think that is what it is called) to have dual weapons, could that be what you saw?

The reason I question it, as H1N1 said - it would be a stupid hack to have with almost no advantages that I can see. Since in Hard Core almost all weapons are one shot kills.

Just a thought.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:46 pm
The most common hack that I've seen get past the censors is one that's an easy tell...multiple kills, all headshots...kinda gives it away a little...most times you'll find them on the 24/7 Nuke servers, although some have been caught and banned from regular rotation servers and even HC servers...

Like Silexx said, all one has to do is stand over a fallen enemy and switch out...

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 pm

Silexx wrote (View Post):

Are you sure this wasn't dual weapons or a pick-up?

I was over a dead body in one game and switched between the Commando and my Galil - several times shooting out a window. I can only imagine if you saw me playing you would think I had both weapons, when I was really switching between picking one up off the ground. The graphic is the same between picking it up and switching weapons.

I don't use the weapon overlord perk (I think that is what it is called) to have dual weapons, could that be what you saw?

The reason I question it, as H1N1 said - it would be a stupid hack to have with almost no advantages that I can see. Since in Hard Core almost all weapons are one shot kills.

Just a thought.

That could well be.  I know he wasn't aimbotting.  He may have been walling but hiding it well, but certainly nothing obvious.  It did seem odd to bother hacking and just using a weapons swap out.  If so, strange player to just constantly switch out primary weapons for no apparent reason ... ADD, maybe?   Laughing

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Phlegm wrote (View Post):

I thought there were a few fishy kills by a player on the Chicago server today, so I checked the movie and observed him start a life firing off a sub machinegun, then switch to a pistol, and yet again to a light machine gun (an M60, I think).  Is this an equipment kit hack, or just a prestige perk or unlock that I'm not aware of?  I don't want to report anyone for hacking if there wasn't a hack.  If it's a hack, I'll post the clip.  Thanks.

This sounds like someone switching out his pistol secondary for a bigger weapon.

Kill enemy with SMG -> switch to secondary -> pick up LMG from just-killed enemy.

As was previously noted, the pick-up part looks exactly like switching weapons.  I'd be curious to see the clip, anyway.  Mostly because I have a strange addiction to watching gameplay clips :)

-Joe

Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 pm

ManSkirtBrew wrote (View Post):

I'd be curious to see the clip, anyway.  Mostly because I have a strange addiction to watching gameplay clips :)

-Joe

He also has a strange addiction to kilts and beer... Razz

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:48 am
...doesn't everyone?

-Joe

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 am
I'm still working on the Kilt part... it gets drafty at times... but the beer.... oh yeah....

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:55 am
well i hope i wasnt over stepping my bounds,even though its an open topic..you wouldnt believe what people will pay to not be detected..the sadest part is..is that its actually a buisness to stay ahead of the cheat detecting programs,and create better hacks allll the time,and people actually pay it..the good news is latley steam and valve have been ahead of the game..bad news is   the competition will never stop when its a marketable buisness with people paying anywhere from 40 to 90 dollars a month for hacks....heck in cod4 they stopped buying hacks,and strted learning how to peel layers of graphics out of the game.taking away smoke,fog,mist,foliage and such...and we are slowly catching up with them...2 people were banned from the cod4 t.c.c league last season for peeling layers away..so no matter what game its allways going to happen..and for as long as ive been playing on your servers,even with the occaisional how did he do that .or he is hacking..i hope you have come to trust that i dont,and never would...im one of the good guys through and through  Very Happy

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:15 am

H1N1 wrote (View Post):

well i hope i wasnt over stepping my bounds,even though its an open topic..you wouldnt believe what people will pay to not be detected..the sadest part is..is that its actually a buisness to stay ahead of the cheat detecting programs,and create better hacks allll the time,and people actually pay it..the good news is latley steam and valve have been ahead of the game..bad news is   the competition will never stop when its a marketable buisness with people paying anywhere from 40 to 90 dollars a month for hacks....heck in cod4 they stopped buying hacks,and strted learning how to peel layers of graphics out of the game.taking away smoke,fog,mist,foliage and such...and we are slowly catching up with them...2 people were banned from the cod4 t.c.c league last season for peeling layers away..so no matter what game its allways going to happen..and for as long as ive been playing on your servers,even with the occaisional how did he do that .or he is hacking..i hope you have come to trust that i dont,and never would...im one of the good guys through and through  Very Happy

H1N1...you are a hack....lol, jk bro.  You're a very experienced player, and always love going up against you.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:19 am
actually if he just started out, you can switch kits within a few seconds, generally up to about 10 seconds after you start the mission. I sometimes change my kit just after starting the map when I see I need a different kit than the one I started with.
Very Happy