Wed May 08, 2024 4:32 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Modern Warfare 3 “Looking to Support Dedicated Servers”....

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:07 pm
Modern Warfare 3 “Looking to Support Dedicated Servers” says Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling...

Out at E3, our away team just walked out of a very interesting interview with Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling. In the course of the 12 minute chat (which we’ll be posting video of as soon as possible, so check back for it), the talk inevitably turned to the topic of support for Modern Warfare 3 players on the PC. Here’s how that went. (Editor: Emphasis is ours)

Read the interview here: http://www.gamefront.com/modern-warfare-3-looking-to-support-dedicated-servers-says-infinity-wards-robert-bowling/

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:30 pm
better games than this are comin dont think I will buy MW3 after the MW2 mess. They're, were considering dedi servers sounds like the OKIEDOKE to me. Its a yes or no answer!

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:01 pm
I think this sums it all up: "My ideal philosophy on the PC is to have matchmaking for the “mass.” Have matchmaking for the guys who just want to jump in, hit “play game” and start playing"

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:08 pm
I'm with SuniGunz on this.  MW2 was not their best effort and I don't want to spend my hard-earned cash on a new paint job when BF3 is looming large and looking awesome!

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm
MW2 was a huge mess to many of the PC gamer's out there. The fact that their just considering to add dedicated servers and not already came to the conclusion of, "Oh! Looking back at MW2, I think we should make sure we have dedicated servers!"  just gives me more reasons not to get it.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:32 pm
In my opinion, the largest flaw in MW2 was IWNet.  Cheating players had nothing to fear, because admins did not exist.  Players were forced to leave numerous games or just accept cheaters into their games.  I will never purchase an FPS game without dedicated servers again.  Though, even if they allow them in MW3, the game looks bad to me.  I have no plans to try it.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:09 pm
I havent got bored of blackops yet......meh to the rest atm.....let me play some more blackops cos it looks good now Smile

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:52 pm
Yeah, I'm taking the maybe as a no at this point. Definitely not going to purchase this game. It looks terrible.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 pm
Iward is desperate now...can't ya'll see that...adding dedicated servers at the last?  They're scared cause they know BF3 is gonna kick them to the curb  I think COD is dead...hopefully, with there constant problems and same game style, game after game.  All every COD has been is an up'd version of the last...nothing done different.  It's become boring...althouogh...the new maps have made the game playable again.

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:59 pm

bil4short wrote (View Post):

I'm with SuniGunz on this.  MW2 was not their best effort and I don't want to spend my hard-earned cash on a new paint job when BF3 is looming large and looking awesome!

Well put.
I think this is pretty much how I feel as well.

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:58 pm
I can only afford one of them, not both of them...time will tell...

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 pm
yeah COD is dying,but black ops is still a good game,and i dont know if any of you play cod4 , but all i have to say is MOD TOOLS....this game is still very popular  after all these new games..We are in like our 6th season of T.C.C..and for those of you who dont know what T.C.C  here is a link if you want to check it out..it involves cod4 and w.a.w.

http://www.tccleague.com/

and also the people that made the OW for COD4 which is the Open Warfare Mod , and alot of custom maps for this game have now decided to make thier own FPS tactical game,and here is the link to this..i think alot of you will like this

http://www.rikochetthegame.com/

i haved been back to playing COD4 most everyday getting ready for the next season of T.C.C which is in july..its a VERY competative league..and i know how competative you guys are  Wink ..please check ouit the links..if not interested in TCC..the other link to the game comming out in the fall could use some more support and feedback for the game..its a game for pc gamers made by pc gamers,and they are taking any feedback or suggestons from anyone on what they would like to see in the game..i have allready asked them to add tomahawks and a throwing knife of some sort   Very Happy  Very Happy

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:40 pm
Yeah I used to play open warfare a while back... good mod.

___________Fireteam Zulu | Graphics Team Leader | SFC____________

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:02 am
Well I plan on BF3 but to be honest the two games are different animals. BF is a war game while COD is CQB for the most part. COD4 really started it and the following games were supposed to be improvements but they tried to rush everything and it didnt come to fruition until BO. Thankfully after BC2 DICE decided to take their time while making BF3. Like everyone else both were trying to out do the other and rushed to get their money rather than make the game right. Sounds like to me IW is about to make the same mistake again. But regardless, after seeing the clips and hearing that iconic theme again I have to say I am going BF3.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:23 am
everyone said BFBC2 was the bomb but it turned into a toilet bomb.....oh well time will tell....