Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post

My NCAA FOOTBALL 12 review...

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:08 pm
2 out of 5 stars...

I buy the next NCAA Football game every time they come out. I always want to get the updated rosters and new features. This has to be the least updated version yet. The menus and layout come straight from 2011. Even the opening before the EA logo is the same. Some minor graphical updates but no change like you saw from 2010 to 2011.

The biggest issue with the game is that it is sluggish feeling. The menus move slowly and the game it self seams slower. Also if you pick a play but don't want the player you are controlling to follow the arrows the game will over ride you for a few seconds before it lets your player move away from the play after the play starts. This is very frustrating on defense where you see something happen and you want to move your lineman over there but the game is pulling you the other way. In 2011 you could move your guy around and not have any issues with leaving the play.

Also the Dpad dose not move your player like it did in 2011. I like the ability to move the line men around with the Dpad for a more exact movement in 2011 and miss that in 2012. Over all NCAA Football 2012 is ok but not worth the $59 they charge wait till its down around $29. I expect you will be finding it for sale cheep soon.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 pm
Thanks for the honest review.  After the hype it has been getting on ESPN U and their polls for which team had the best pregame tradition, I was thinking about laying out the cash for it.  But I take your opinion to heart.  I think I would have been equally disappointed at the $60 price point.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:25 pm
Keep a eye open for it used. Its well worth it around $30 or so...

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 am
I bought it to for the PS3 and I personally think it is alot better than last years graphics wise and prformance wise although i will agree the menus are horrible and move slow malasses sometimes but all in all I have enjoyed playing it although i haven't had a chance to hop online and try that gameplay. I have mainly been just playing the career mode as Defensive coordinator and creating you star player  but from what I have seen in the limited time I have played it "2 days" There has been vast improvements since last year  on many fronts especially when considering the career mode ie Coaching etc. but that is just my 2 cents and you can take it with a grain of salt if you like. I to like Luke get this game and Madden every year..... but was it worth the 59 bucks? no I would like Luke recommend waiting won't be long and the price will drop to a more reasonable price that being said it is well worth it when it does.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
-Abraham Lincoln-