Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Activision's Field Generals Talk Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:57 pm
How important is Modern Warfare 3 to Activision? It's being co-developed by three separate studios: Infinity Ward (still going after the exit of the studio's founders), Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software. Glen Schofield comes to Activision from EA, where he worked on the first Dead Space and Dante's Inferno.

Contrary to what's been reported elsewhere, the studios are working in full partnership, with each having hands in single-player and multiplayer portions of the game. After watching the "Black Tuesday" level and playing Spec Ops Survival, I sat down with Glen Schofield of Sledgehammer and Creative Strategist Robert Bowling from Infinity Ward to talk about the development process and the ideas going into the high stakes sequel.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2011/07/19/activisions-joint-chiefs-talk-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/#ixzz1SZEZpKS2

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:56 pm
Oh look! More stuff we allready knew about the game. -_-

Silent Wolf made my sig!
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:40 pm
So inother words...another painted up COD...lol...these guys are SOOOO clueless.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:56 pm
Thanks Luke for the post, not much here to get you excited about MW3...I found the following excerpt from Robert Bowling (IW) interesting;

"Bowling: We're always expanding on the technology of the previous game. We never just recycle an engine we used before; we're always building on top of it. The key difference and the key design philosophy that we keep is we never just write code to write code."

hmmm, obviously the folks at CoD are getting a little sensitive to the 'recycle' claims and the article didn't do much to refute it.

I think we'll see, by the end of this year, all the new faces BF3 'recruited from Cod (based on the above plus BF3 hype) will go back to their CoD stomping grounds.  BF3, as great as it may become, is still a battlefield game; large maps, team play, vehicles, etc., CoD veterans aren't interested in all that jazz, they want small maps, kill streaks, no vehicles, close quarters combat.

Do we really want one to de-throne the other?  I don't think so, these two different approaches provide nice variety (abeit CoDs limited refresh).  There are days I want that 'jump in action' close quarters/fast paced mayheim of CoD on one hane, and on the other; team play, strategy, chatting with squad mates in TS,  vehicle combat, etc.

That said, I won't be buying MW3 on day one, like I did with Black Ops.  BF3 will be my priority (where my heart truly is), and will monitor MW3 from the side lines or just stick with Blk Ops.

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:50 pm

CapZac wrote (View Post):

Thanks Luke for the post, not much here to get you excited about MW3...I found the following excerpt from Robert Bowling (IW) interesting;

"Bowling: We're always expanding on the technology of the previous game. We never just recycle an engine we used before; we're always building on top of it. The key difference and the key design philosophy that we keep is we never just write code to write code."

hmmm, obviously the folks at CoD are getting a little sensitive to the 'recycle' claims and the article didn't do much to refute it.

I think we'll see, by the end of this year, all the new faces BF3 'recruited from Cod (based on the above plus BF3 hype) will go back to their CoD stomping grounds.  BF3, as great as it may become, is still a battlefield game; large maps, team play, vehicles, etc., CoD veterans aren't interested in all that jazz, they want small maps, kill streaks, no vehicles, close quarters combat.

Do we really want one to de-throne the other?  I don't think so, these two different approaches provide nice variety (abeit CoDs limited refresh).  There are days I want that 'jump in action' close quarters/fast paced mayheim of CoD on one hane, and on the other; team play, strategy, chatting with squad mates in TS,  vehicle combat, etc.

That said, I won't be buying MW3 on day one, like I did with Black Ops.  BF3 will be my priority (where my heart truly is), and will monitor MW3 from the side lines or just stick with Blk Ops.

Well said Cap...couldn't say it any better!