Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

I need help picking a new computer case.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:09 am

Abram wrote (View Post):

Those HAF cases are awesome. I have a 922, myself.

One thing disappoints me though.  AFIAK the only 200mm fans that fit the top of the case without modding are Coolermaster MegaFlow fans.  These run about twenty dollars on newegg.  The price I am not concerned with, what bothers me is they are only available with either red led or blue led lights.  No non led version.  I am not a fan of all sorts of lights on my cases.  Heck I don't even like power lights on mine, which is why the power light on my HAF case has a piece of electrical tape over it.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:28 am
I will NEVER buy a NZXT,I like to take apart/mod cases and even tho I have only worked on 1 NZXT case that was enough for me.Also it was the cheapest built case I have seen to date.
The power buttons also broke with-in the first few months{It was an 80$ gamer case...I forget the model}.I think they are built using only one criteria....low cost.Repairing/altering one compared to say, an Antec 900 case, is well..ok you can't compare them..Antic knows what they are doing ;)   yes I am a NZXT hateboy lol

edit:I go with an Antec or coolmaster

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 am

DyerMaker wrote (View Post):

I will NEVER buy a NZXT,I like to take apart/mod cases and even tho I have only worked on 1 NZXT case that was enough for me.Also it was the cheapest built case I have seen to date.
The power buttons also broke with-in the first few months{It was an 80$ gamer case...I forget the model}.I think they are built using only one criteria....low cost.Repairing/altering one compared to say, an Antec 900 case, is well..ok you can't compare them..Antic knows what they are doing Wink   yes I am a NZXT hateboy lol

edit:I go with an Antec or coolmaster

Was it the NZXT Beta?  I have that and it is currently sitting on a shelf in my laundry room with a broken power button.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:52 pm

UFANS wrote (View Post):

tet wrote (View Post):

I will look at those when I get home from work.  Myself and I think ufans both use HAF series cases from Coolermaster. I am very happy with mine.

Love my Haf X case, haf x.  Keeps everything supper cool, I run 2 5850's and they fit without problems.  Great cable management.  It comes with 1 230mm, 2 200mm, and 1 140mm fans with the options to add another 200mm fan on top.  You can also add extra cooling for your video card.  It has 2 hot swap drive bays and usb 3 connection up front.  Price is a little high but it is well worth it IMO.

I have the same. And i love it. Higer prize,tho. But it will fit anything u put in it.

Sabo.

CPU: Intel Core i7 960  @ 3.20Gz
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage Gene lll
GPU: Asus 6950 2Gb
RAM: 6Gb
HD: Corsair F-120Gb SSD+ WD 1Tb Black.
Case: HAF-X Big tower.
Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 pm
yes the haf case is the one to have

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 am
tet   I'll check this weekend,when I built my brother in-laws comp he got a NZXT case.btw did the power button kinda brake off..and fall into the case?

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:09 pm

DyerMaker wrote (View Post):

tet   I'll check this weekend,when I built my brother in-laws comp he got a NZXT case.btw did the power button kinda brake off..and fall into the case?

The clips holding the button on broke once when I pressed it and it popped out.  It DOES still work, but looks bad.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:07 pm
My bro-inlaw has a NZXT Tempest case he paid way too much for imo.
Yes the same thing happened to his case...along with one of the top fans stopped working after 3 months.I disassembled it and refastened that button{used some epoxy glue}.
Taking that case apart is a bit of a pain,you almost need to take your mother board out to do it......almost ;)
In contrast , I altered my Antec 900 case slightly {only used a screw driver/and 2 mins. time} to accommodate the extra HD cage fan and my long vid card.That and those 2 cases were the same price.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm
Luke, I have the AZZA Helios but with the red interior. I like the case. Nice airflow and looks.