Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

What you get for pre-ordering B3

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:37 am
The Battle Begins October 25, 2011

Pre-Order from Origin and get these Bonus Offers** at no additional charge!

Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)
Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011. Early Beta access is for US PC Download customers only.

Pre-load and Get Ready to Play at Launch
Pre-order the PC Digital version of Battlefield 3 Limited Edition through Origin to preload your game before it launches. Preloading means you can play the minute Battlefield 3 releases instead of waiting to install.

Physical Warfare Pack (Bonus item for PC Download purchases only)
Get physical with the help of some extra fire power.
•Type 88 LMG with bipod
•Flechette Ammo for DAO-12 Shotgun
•Flash suppressor for SKS sniper rifle
•Day 1 Access to the DAO-12 Shotgun

Back to Karkand Expansion Pack (included with the Limited Edition)
This themed expansion pack includes:
•Four Legendary Maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined with Frostbite Technology
•Classic Battlefield 2 Weapons and Vehicles
•Unique Rewards, Achievements/Trophies, and more

Battlefield Play4Free Items (Origin Exclusive)
•870 Combat Shotgun
•Beret

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:43 pm
Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)
Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011. Early Beta access is for US PC Download customers only.

So does this apply to me in Canada? Would be kind of dissapointing to some people who live up here with me. I just want to know (without hijacking this thread) If I buy a physical copy from Bestbuy instead, then will I still get a chance to type in the code to my Origin account and have a fully digital working copy then?
I would like to cancel my order from Bestbuy, but not if I can't get into the Beta in September. I mean what would be the difference if I just waited for my physical copy instead of cancelling other then the shotgun and beret and ammo.
Personally I would find it a bit weird if I can't qualify for the Beta through Origin just because I live in Canada. Rules are rules though and I will have to wait for confirmation before cancelling my preorder from Bestbuy, but I am thinking I might as well and just download from Origin.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:06 pm
Well,
i live in canada too and i hope they will skip the "virtual" border for the Beta.
And i also bought Bf3 from Origin during the "supposingly" august special that said "pre-order BF3 and get a game free"......never heard of anything after my purchase....
I hope origin is not trying to leure us and than let us down.

“ Carpe Diem Quam Minimum Credula Postero “

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:13 pm
how long is this offer valid for?

There are many ways to die. Be glad it wasn't slower.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:26 pm
@ Kortuse :

http://www.politeandfriendly.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9741

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:42 pm
hmm Interesting indeed. So you never got your free game with your pre order then? I wish you would have, cause then I really would just cancel my Bestbuy order and go and preorder B3 from Origin. I mean cmon now... A whole free game thrown in would have to be enough persuasion for me to buy a digital copy instead. I am thinking that maybe today when I am off work, I will email or phone EA and ask if they are still honoring that offer of a free game.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:49 pm
I already got my FREE game and I live in Texas if you are in Canada  "A" that is not considered the US so sorry to say this might leave you out. Also as for the free game it has already ended, only if you pre-ordered early did you get it to help tie you over until the release of B3.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Sl33pingdrag0n wrote (View Post):

I already got my FREE game and I live in Texas if you are in Canada  "A" that is not considered the US so sorry to say this might leave you out. Also as for the free game it has already ended, only if you pre-ordered early did you get it to help tie you over until the release of B3.

Well it's nice to know for certain about the free game part. To bad about the beta not being open to us Canucks though. Alot of people probably ordered through Origin from Canada thinking that they would get in on the beta.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:37 pm
Ah well, whatever.........
Like always.