Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

Newegg vs Tigerdirect

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:00 pm
The shipping has been great from both Newegg and Tiger Direct for me. Newegg's better prices is what keeps me coming back to them. I have RMA'ed many, many things and never had a problem with Newegg (even when returning them late). It seems to me that Tiger Direct doesn't have as many items as Newegg in stock. I also think the Newegg reviews are superior. I like Newegg but you can still go to websites like Pricewatch to compare hardware.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:11 pm
Strike two for buying hd's at Newegg. I decided to buy another hd to replace the first one I bought from them as I seem to have constant trouble with hd errors when I run my maintenance programs. So after talking with several people on ts instead of going with a velociraptor I decided to buy a SSD. It arrived yesterday and after several hours of just trying to get my system to recognize it so I could install windows and several calls to OCZ for assistance (who informed me that is sounded like a bad drive) it is on its way back to Newegg for a replacement. Before everyone starts posting did you do this messages, I will explain that my system was seeing it some of the time but not all the time and windows would never see it during installation. I did several things per OCZ support and even tried updating the firmware as well as use different cables, SATA ports etc. Just looks like they sent me a bad drive from the start. So I will have to wait another week or so to try again.

"Do or do not there is no try!"
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:04 am
Yeah, that's a shame about the SSD.  I'd count that against the manufacturer and not retailer, though.  As long as the retailer CS takes care of you, that is.  Hope your next drive rocks.