Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:51 am
Luke View latest post
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:42 pm
Natb1 View latest post

BF3 Keyboard Bindings

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:44 pm
Hi all, for those of you (like I was) wondering what the control scheme is for BF3 Beta, see below.
Note: I've been unsuccessful remapping keys so far...

W - Forward
A - strafe Left
D - Strafe Right
S - Backward

E - Enter Vehicle | Arm/Disarm MCOM
R - Pickup Weapon
T - Turn on/off flashlight/pointer
Q - Spot Enemy
Z - Prone
Ctrl - Crouch
x - Hold crouch
f - Quick knife
G - Grenade
1 - 6 - Weapon selection
f1 - f6 - Seat Selection
C - External view in vehicle
M - Minimap
TAB- Scoreboard
Esc - Menu
Enter - Spawn Menu

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:23 pm
Canned my pre-order. No use spending that kind of money on a game I can't play.

With this game it's going to take two hands that work...ought to apply the "Disablity Act Law"............................ Very Happy .....hey just kidding

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:42 pm
well i noticed that with those controls there is no way to fire a weapon so that's how they achieve peace in the game

It is Going To Hurt
http://taylormadehosting.co.uk
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm
Can ADS be toggled

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Karow wrote (View Post):

Can ADS be toggled

Yes. Under Gameplay options you can change aim from Hold to Click.

Not having a crouch toggle is annoying, since hold breath is Shift.... but 99.9% positive that we'll get all those option sin full version.

-- Of all the soles I've ever tasted, his had the most   ....cumin. --
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 am
I have Crouch toggle mapped to Ctrl.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 am
BFBC2 had them bindings

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 am
I can't run in game at all..it says my Run (hold) key is z, but if I hit that, I crawl/prone position...I also, don't like the F key as the Melee attack...I can't change that either..

Some thoughts so far on the Beta for me:

First, I had a hard time trying to connect. I needed to install another "Plug-in" in order to get it to work.
Then, I had to install Nvidia's BETA drivers. I don't like to use Beta drivers, but to play the game, I guess I had to...

Now that I had it up and going. A few times I got into the game, I chose any server just to play the game. The Graphic's to me were Great! The controls were OK..I say this because for the life of me, I can't figure out how to run. It says my key-bind is (default) my Z key. when I hit that key, I continue to crawl. I can't change my Melee key from the Default F to my mouse 5 Button. The sound is OK, to me I hear things everywhere, someone shooting behind me, and I turn to look and there is nothing or no one there, only a bldg or wall or something.

To join the game is kinda weird, not something I'm used to. You have to have Origin running, click on the BETA, then it opens a Browser window for you to find the servers. When you enter a "Quick Game" or "Quick Connect" I Forget what it was, it searches for servers, if it works, which sometimes it don't, it will give you an error code, but when it connects, you have to wait 1+ minutes to connect. In order to get rid of the Error code, I had to restart my computer then I was able to join.

While in game, you can not change your settings or anything, not even text chat. In order to leave the game, you have to join (Deploy) then you can chose Quit.

In all, I don't Hate this game, the game play was good, when I could get in. It's got promise, but the issues need to be addressed.

Anyone else who has tried it, have similar issues or different ones?

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 am
Run is shift. I do like the browser we will be able to put a button on our website to join our servers. I wish COD would add that.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:34 am
I really hope they change the server browser. Just something else to eat up sys resources.

It seems I recall similar problems with key binds in BFBC2 beta. It was fixed in the retail release

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 am
You can change your key binds. In game hit escape and select options. In there you can edit your key binds.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:25 am
I really like the server browser design.  It's not behaving for me all the time, but I attribute that to the beta client and heavy load on a small number of servers.
As for key binds, I had no trouble changing them ingame.  There are different keybinds for being on foot, in a vehicle, in aircraft, etc - but I think the 'on foot' keybinds are the first you see, by default.  I was able to map everything like I play in CoD, which makes the transition easier.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:47 pm

Quote:

Run is shift.

Don't work. I tried every key and I can't run.

Quote:

You can change your key binds. In game hit escape and select options. In there you can edit your key binds.

Tried this...won't let you change the mouse binds.

Quote:

It seems I recall similar problems with key binds in BFBC2 beta. It was fixed in the retail release

I recall the same thing...I hope so...

Quote:

I bear frustrating BETA news:
Here are some problems I have found already in Battlelog / BF3.

1.) There is no way to change the chat key from "j". There just simply isn't an option for it anywhere in the key customization menu.

2.) There is no way to configure any of your mouse buttons

3.) There is no local config file to be found

I know everything is in beta. Both BF3 and Battlelog. But you should be able to atleast configure your own darn controls.

I found this from another forum, Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue with the keybinds..but the running, I'll have to figure it out...It might be cause I am using a G13 gamepad...I'll look on the logitech fourms...

If you can't take the pain, maybe you shouldn't play!