Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Bad Karma video montage!

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:16 pm
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing a video for bad karma, just something to work on in my spare time while also broadening my horizons. This little video will be a collage of clips from the greatest war movies/series created with an over lay of some Michael Kamen music (Band of Brothers, Saving Private Ryan). With this i will incorporate bad karma into this, most likely as a innovative, inspiring promotional video. It will also feature no in game footage.

Here is a list of some films I will be using
- Paschendale (ww1)
- Saving Private Ryan (ww2)
- Band of Brothers (ww2)
- Flags of our fathers (ww2)
- Letters From Iwo Jima (ww2)
- Platoon (Vietnam)
- We Were Soldiers (Vietnam)
- Thin Red Line (vietnam)
- Black Hawk Down (modern)
- Generation Kill (modern)
- Jarhead (modern)
- Three Kings (modern)

If you guys have some other movies with good action clips or just general idea's shout 'em out.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm
How about Enemy At the Gates for some sniper and Russian stuff?

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:24 pm
Maybe, but I would like to make it more about the victories of the us, canadian, and british part of battles

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:51 pm
Pearl Harbor
Dirty Dozen

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm
I might be able to fit in a little from one of them, what I need is modern war movies, since this team's past as with its future will have modern conflicts in it.

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:34 pm
I need some help with the music

I want to use one of the following

Gary Jules - Mad World ex/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4
evanesence - Wake me up inside ex/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SrfiFymVQo
Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven(acoustic)
Seal - Kiss form a rose (acoustic)
Led Zepplin - stair way to heaven
dixie chicks - travelin' soldier
michael kamen - requiem (band of brothers)
John williams - omaha beach (saving private ryan)

Or something like I stated earlier

please feel free to post your own ideas

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:24 pm
Stop-loss (modern)

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:56 am
I can't really remember that having alot of action scenes, ill check it out though. But the music I choose is from the "Army strong" commercial, the instrumental is all the traits that will make for an awe inspired montage. As for the clips, I have trim the movies I choose clips from in half, so BoB, SPR, BHD, Generation Kill and We were soldiers are probably the ones I will use.

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:07 pm
I am not sure with the english title: "Steiner , The iron cross". Perfect for scenes with Russians. There is one scene on the beginning from the movie, where the Germans blow up a mortar position. Naja, it`s only an idea .

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:24 am
Saints and Soldiers

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 am
I'm going to only use world war two clips now, it would be to hard to create a flow using two, three different era's of war.

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:24 am
Well, I just love your concept, it could be quite a task to get clips from so many movies. And narrowing it down to a specific war would simplify your effort. But, Since I grew up on so many old movies let me post a few that come to mind.

WW 1  The Dawn Patrol.........Errol Flynn and David Niven
           SGT. York...................Gary Cooper, Walter Brennan

WW 2   The Longest Day.........John Wayne, etc, etc, etc.
            The Dirty Dozen...........Lee Marvin, Telly Savalas, Clint Walker, etc. etc.
            From Here to Eternity....Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Cliff, original Pearl Harbor Movie.
            Heaven Knows Mr. Allison.......more of a comedy. But unique. Robert Mitchum, Deborrah Kerr
            A Bridge Too Far.........Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins, etc, etc. Great Artillery Barrage
            Kelly's Heroes.............Clint Eastwood, Telly Savalas etc, etc, sniping, comedy , greed what else is there?

I can post quite a few more but this should do.

Korean War          Pork Chop Hill........Gregory Peck, woke up people about what happened there.
                            The Bridges Of Toko-Ri.......William Holden, Grace Kelly, Mickey Rooney, woke them up again

Vietnam...............My choices are .......Apocalypse Now.....Martin Sheen, Marlon Brando......The Village Attack
                           Full Metal Jacket.......Matthew Modine, Adam Bodine, Mickey Mouse Song at end
                           Hamburger Hill..........Dylan McDermott, Don Cheadle.   War at it's most intense, good music. Great quote from Major Michael Davis O'Donnell at
                                                            the end of the movie. Research his quote.
                           Platoon..................... best part is where Willem Dafoe goes out to stop the VC's flanking manuever.
                           Bat 21.......................Gene Hackman, Danny Glover,  great bombing run at end
                           Uncommon Valor...... Gene Hackman, Patrick Swayze, etc. first pro American movie to be against the negative portrayals of Vietnam    

Modern Times   ....Black Hawk Down..At the end of the movie Eric Bana tells why he is going back into Mogadishu.
                            Hopefully no more war movies  or Argghhh, "Pirates of the Arabian Sea" lol.       Coming to you soon. Or why I fell asleep and was boarded by pirates.

Sorry I got carried away there. Ok, for music you should really consider the music from

Black Hawk Down, Apocalypse Now, Hamburger Hill, and the cut from Gladiator called "The Barbarian Horde" at 4min. 35sec into the song for the
                            next  couple of mins.

If you need any thoughts , opinions or help in this let me know, always glad to help the team at *BK*.            Muja`de' *BK*

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:53 am
Thanks Muja, greatly appreciated.

I own the book to Bat 21, good read, I have a couple movies from the 60's like a bridge to far that I picked up for cheap in the MGM gold section at walmart, and I own band of brothers, and saving private ryan. So ill try to use those, and do a world war 2 theme. If/When we go back to modern warfare games, ill put what I learned from this video into another one.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:24 am
Musical suggestion..."Disposable Heros" Metallica

Chilling and Killing....