Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am
Luke View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 7:50 pm
Snap71 View latest post
Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 am
Natb1 View latest post

Banned from HC Crouch Server 2

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 pm
You guys need to keep your admin/mods in check - I just got banned from your HC Crouch Server 2 for 'pistol walking'.

Firstly, it says NOWHERE within the game (or on your server in-game) that 'pistol walking' is not allowed - nor did the automated warning messages warn me that it is (although I got a few warnings for forgetting to crouch!).
Secondly, I'm still fairly new at the game, and didn't have a clue what 'pistol walking' is - the last thing I did before getting banned was get killed and have my pistol out because of the 'Second Chance' perk.
And thirdly, the person who told me 'pistol walking' is not allowed did NOT identify themselves as a server mod/admin - I just assumed it was a regular user getting pissy with me for killing him with my pistol (last time I checked, the game allows that so why it's banned I don't know). If he had identified himself as an admin I would have apologised and stopped killing people with my pistol.

Please accept my apologies if 'pistol walking' is indeed not allowed on your servers - I was honestly not aware of this, and was rather confused as to what 'pistol walking' is (yes, I know rather dumb considering the name makes it obvious to me now - but I've heard some strange descriptions of actions and things since starting playing COD: Black Ops!).
I would kindly ask if you could please unban me, as your server is one of the nicest ones I've had the pleasure of gaming on.

Again, please accept my sincere apology, and thank you for your patience with me.
NerdSauce

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm
You have not been banned you have been kicked for a time. The server clearly says "you can only move when crouched unless under fire" I think that makes it clear that you may only move well crouched and not well pistol walking.

GOA.Luke*BK*

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 pm
I just took a look at your server rules here (first time I've visited this site I might add) and discovered further down in the comments that pistol walking is indeed not allowed.

However I wasn't pistol WALKING as such, as I was still in the crouch position when I had my pistol out And didn't stand up to fire once. Is this still classed as pistol walking?

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:54 am
"Pistol walking" is walking with your pistol sights raised. I was in our TS at the time and the player was very frustrated with what he was calling "pistol-walking." I cannot say whether you were or weren't but he asked for the kick after issuing several warnings. If there was a misunderstanding then we do apologize. Like Luke said, you can come back any time and play. Also find us in our BF3 servers.