Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:54 pm
MaxwellSmart View latest post
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:43 pm
Natb1 View latest post
Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:10 am
Snap71 View latest post

Infinity Ward Recycles Buildings on MW3 Straight From Cod4

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:40 am
I was viewing tech and gaming news articles for a few minutes tonight, which is full of MW3 articles (as you can imagine).
I came across this short video clip, which just gave me a chuckle.  I thought some of you might get a kick out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:18 am
hmmm - my father always said dont let things go to waste, reuse them as much as you can.  no wait that was when you bought something - not create something.  is it me or do alot of maps in the COD series; from COD United Offensive thru Black Ops look firmilliar ?

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Well...let's not heap the blame just on MW3.  You will find many familiar looking buildings in BF3 as well.  There are many from the BFBC2 maps.  Be honest, you saw it too.

The partially finished "construction site" buildings.  The "stacked trailer" buildings.  The single "trailer" buildings.  The "gas station" building.  Lots of them.  Just look around a bit then fire up BFBC2 and see if you can find them.  You won't have to look long to find familiar facades.

Still, I'm really enjoying BF3!

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 pm
Indeed.  However, the differences between MW2 and MW3 are fewer than the comparison from BF:BC2 to BF3.  I've seen enough of MW3 multiplayer footage and official trailers to reach that conclusion without purchasing the title.   There was a screenshot somewhere of the "start in safe mode" error for MW3 that specified MW2 instead.  Real or faked, I am seeing tons of user posts, videos, and gaming reviews which both adore and despise MW3.  Friends of mine don't like BF3, but purchased it and play it on occasion.  They will likely purchase MW3 and complain about the same things they disliked in MW2.  Ultimately, if they enjoy playing a game, then that should be reason enough to buy it.  Personally, I think MW2 multiplayer was fine.  I had fun playing it.  However, anyone who actually played it on PC is aware of the actions numerous players engaged in, which violated the terms of agreement.  I do not believe the MW3 PC multiplayer will differ in that regard.  If people tell me they want to get MW3, I usually suggest avoiding the PC version.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:30 pm
No big surprise really imo,
We all know this happens and yet like to complain about it. They also said this will continue from where MW2 left off so again, no surprise.

If people expected a totally new game then it wouldn't really be COD MW would it and besides it all comes down to the mighty dollar again doesn't it. Chalk up another one for greed!

I think most gamers these days just complain for the sake of complaining while purchasing and playing the game anyways. I feel it's just not only pointless but ridiculous.

It's as if people are so lazy these days, especially the kids, that they have no sense of responsibility as a consumer. If you bought the game and how does that go again... ( I want my friggen money back) it's your own fault.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:51 pm
It's already been stated that in the Back to Karkand DLC, most of the map has been ported over from BF2, but then again, it is a recreation of a map, but still.